• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

12¢ VFs at 50% of Guide

357 posts in this topic

hm now that you mention it, I don't see anything as to how to buy books. Best that perhaps all sales are postponed until a committee can study how to best buy books. Looks like selling is still a work in progress too. Where are the lawyers?!?

This reminds me of that scene in A Few Good Men, where the marine is asked to find the term "Code Red" in the handbook, and when he can't and it's assumed the term does not exist, Cruise asks him to show him where the Mess Hall is in the handbook.

He can't find it and Cruise is shocked that this young man hasn't has a meal since joining up. But the marine states he eats 3 square a day, and when Cruise asks how, he states:

"I guess I just followed the crowd at chow time, sir."

hm now that you mention it, I don't see anything as to how to buy books. Best that perhaps all sales are postponed until a committee can study how to best buy books. Looks like selling is still a work in progress too. Where are the lawyers?!?

This reminds me of that scene in A Few Good Men, where the marine is asked to find the term "Code Red" in the handbook, and when he can't and it's assumed the term does not exist, Cruise asks him to show him where the Mess Hall is in the handbook.

He can't find it and Cruise is shocked that this young man hasn't has a meal since joining up. But the young guy states he eats 3 square a day, and when Cruise asks how, he states:

lol I was thinking of Star Wars Episode 1 was it where the one race is denying their invasion of the Naboo. Committees to study the issue etc.

He can't find it and Cruise is shocked that this young man hasn't has a meal since joining up. But the marine states he eats 3 square a day, and when Cruise asks how, he states:

Except in this case, this all took place somewhere else in another thread of which I would have no idea of the rule. As I said, I'm sure Arch will clear it up and to avoid controversey I will quote the book.

Or is it confusing because the reply is to a different book?

What happened in Nic's thread was this certain people were keeping multiple browsers open, refreshing one while posting a "quick reply" in the other.

It turned into a real zoo, with multiple people replying within seconds, editing messages, and trying all sorts of BS, and since the quick reply links up to whatever post was in the first browser, it got some other people steamed.

Essentially, it meant that the person was replying to a for sale issue that had yet been posted in his browser window, as the OP relied retroactively without the need to refresh that window.

If you're the only one playing that trick, I guess it's fine if the seller doesn't care, but once multiple people start in, have fun. lol

huh? :confused:

Browser 1 - open to this thread, but not current - the I'll Take It icon is preloaded in the "Quick Reply" window at the bottom.

Browser 2 - Open and refreshing constantly for new books

When a new book comes up in Browser 2, buyer switches to Browser 1 and quickly types in Av43 and hits Submit. It's incredibly quick, but that post in Browser 1 links up the last message loaded, which is why it refers to an older post.

Get it?

yep.

Uh, wait, I thought it was half off, may I retract this?

Nice try...,

So is that a no Mike? Wait! You're not Mike.

Actually, I am. I'm just not THE Mike. :lol: