• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What do you think about this TOS #46 scam???

7 posts in this topic

Comic is advertised as NM. Seller has one feedback but he's been on ebay for a year. His one feedback is for selling a comic that he described as NM and he got a positive for it. He says in his auction that you can email him for a larger scan and I did twice and haven't gotten a response yet. I also asked him if he would accept a return if I didn't agree with his grading but like I said I haven't recieved a response yet. So do you think it's a scam? If not is it NM?

Eric

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2191383106&category=32744

The auction I think is legit. Discloses foxing - didn't have to. Accepts paypal / credit card. Because of the price, it won't sell. At $300.00 it's more of a sale than an auction as the comic guides @ $253.00 in this condition and I am sure the foxing will deter many hi-grade collectors.

It's definitely not NM...

But looks like a solid VF/VF-.

Not a good deal for the price, so that alone should be reason not to buy it.

As for whether or not this is legit....tough to tell..but it's still overpriced.

Being the huge TOS fan that I am I emailed the seller also and got the large scans. However, the bottom half of them came out wrong, back cover bottom half grey, and front cover bottom had a yellowish highlight to it. From what I could see not a NM by CGC's standards. I would say 7.5ish. But I do think the seller was legit.

You know there are no raw true VF+ and higher books on ebay anyways! tongue.gif