• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ANOTHER QP 10.0 SLIPS THRU....

34 posts in this topic

I thought that QP was kinda cool BECAUSE of it's similarity to PQ confused-smiley-013.gif

Others may agree with you. That's was just my take on the matter. Why don't you start a poll and see if what everyone thinks? Maybe offer a choice of QP and one or two others that you could come up with and let people vote. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

A rose by any other name..... cloud9.gif

I wonder what the newbie collecting market is like?

QP= Quality of Posts?

Off-color to colored remarks?

NGC (Newbie Guaranty Corp.)

10.0 = Gem Mint non-Spammer

9.4 = Very nice and helpful

9.0 = Very nice and helpful but comes up with confusing stuff like QP

8.0 = Mostly helpful but makes a lot of typos

6.0 = Many amusing posts but often not very informing

4.0 = Thinks his spam doesn't smell

2.0 = Knows his spam smells but doesn't care

1.0 = Strike for trolling

0.5 = Banned

smirk.gif

I'm not concerned about the " newbies" 893frustrated.gif

In case you haven't figured it out by now...... I'M A COMIC COLLECTOR.

I only care about the comics..... sorry.gif

We can all empathise with your position, but you must realise that lots of collectors and comic book readers use these forums as a source of information and its helps when a valuable point being made is done with some clarification.

I also agree with Bug that your choice of notation is too similar to what already exists, and it refers to something completely different. crazy.gif

I'm not concerned about the " newbies" 893frustrated.gif

In case you haven't figured it out by now...... I'M A COMIC COLLECTOR.

I only care about the comics..... sorry.gif

We can all empathise with your position, but you must realise that lots of collectors and comic book readers use these forums as a source of information and its helps when a valuable point being made is done with some clarification.

I also agree with Bug that your choice of notation is too similar to what already exists, and it refers to something completely different. crazy.gif

Just in case you hadn't noticed, all this QP business means nothing to anyone but you. crazy.gif

Grading is a tricky enough subject already, stop confusing the newbies...and everyone else. 893frustrated.gif893naughty-thumb.giftongue.gif

Yeah, as a confused newbie I feel obligated to ask, "WTF is QP?"

Brave is the one to admit not knowing!

Very simply put, QP is Quality Of Production. Things like how well centered is the book, how well placed are the staples, how deep and rich are the inks, how few production creases etc. a book has.

In other words, how well has the book survived the prodction process. Books with perfectly centered covers, staples right on the edge of the spine etc. are considered to have a high Quality Of Production. In these instances, a lower grade can actually LOOK nicer to the eye due to the QP, while a higher grade may be badly miscut, the cover may be off-center etc.

Got it? grin.gif

I think "QP" is a confusing abbrev., but certainly the idea behind is a good one. I don't understand why CGC doesn't count off for really bad printing flaws and covers that look like they were applied diagonally. Also, I agree that cover gloss and color saturation are crucially important as well and is ignored a good bit.

All these ideas are good and I bet they will be adopted sometime in the future...it may be 20 years from now, but good ideas usually win out in the end.