• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Miller vs. Moore

Miller vs. Moore - Over their career, who has a better body of work?   

273 members have voted

1. 1. Miller vs. Moore - Over their career, who has a better body of work?

50 posts in this topic

Where's the write-in spot for Neil Gaiman? lol

Actually, there was an article a while back talking about without Moore's success at DC revamping a Bronze Age character, it would have been tough for Gaiman to come in and kick off Sandman. So Moore's accomplishments potentially laid the groundwork for some great relaunches by Gaiman and Morrison.

Where's the write-in spot for Neil Gaiman? lol

Actually, there was an article a while back talking about without Moore's success at DC revamping a Bronze Age character, it would have been tough for Gaiman to come in and kick off Sandman. So Moore's accomplishments potentially laid the groundwork for some great relaunches by Gaiman and Morrison.

+1

I have to go with Moore because of Watchmen,Miracleman,and Saga of Swamp Thing.Miller is ok,but Moore changed comic book world with Watchmen (favorite comic book mini series) and Miracleman (favorite short lived comic book series)

My collecting goal is to one day own two of each early Moore USA-market book as he has always blown me away with his work. And he has spanned many titles, to include two issues of Omega Men.

I saw this recently and was blown away how cheap these books sold. Just wish I had caught them in time as this is an incredible example of how impressive his work is. $11 for a CGC 9.6 is a joke when you consider how great this material is even today.

http://www.comiclink.com/search.asp?where=sell&title=Superman+Annual+11&ItemType=CB

With Miller, all I ever wanted was his entire run of Daredevil (DONE) and Batman: The Dark Knight Returns (DONE), along with some of his art issues like Captain America 241 (DONE).

That's the difference, to me, of how I feel about both creators.