• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Green Lantern Collecting Thread.
6 6

1,526 posts in this topic

You saw were a 9.4 76 went for around $9100 at the last ComicLink auction? Just nuts :screwy:

Sure I saw it. I've also read all the posts about the reasons for the high price this book fetches when it comes to market: scarcity in high grade, the book having slipped under the radar when it first hit the stands in 1970 etc. (See Bronze Age Thread) I remembered people were willing to buy my copy for $2000 back in ''03 and '04. It is, of course, one of my prized possessions--one of the great covers of the Bronze Age--and, most importantly, of of the great storylines in the history of the medium. IMHO, this book is to comic books what Vittorio De Sica's film "The Bicycle Thief", is to the history of the cinema--both are neorealist classics.

I've decided to concentrate on mainly completeing my 76-89 Adams run which is difficult with my collecting OCD. lol So if any one knows somebody who is looking for a Brave & the Bold 29 in 2.0 let me know as I'm looking to trade or sell a few issues to further my collecting of this run.

I just got in a #67 CGC 9.0. Seller shipped it in a flat rate envelope. Cracked case? Yes, cracked case.

I get a good run of sellers on ebay and I forget how bad some sellers can be.

Thankfully the book is in okay shape.

I think I've seen a zillion cracked-slab threads in the past month on the Boards. C'mon people, get the word out to shippers & dummies:

It's ok to put in a flat envelope to keep it flat and rigid, but box it up and load it with lotsa packing materials !!

Priority envelopes and boxes are FREE at the USPS. Shredded newspaper or styrafoam peanuts are good packers (the foam peanuts ain't cheap).

Treat all books to be shipped like they are 9.6 AF15'ers !

I think I've seen a zillion cracked-slab threads in the past month on the Boards. C'mon people, get the word out to shippers & dummies:

It's ok to put in a flat envelope to keep it flat and rigid, but box it up and load it with lotsa packing materials !!

Priority envelopes and boxes are FREE at the USPS. Shredded newspaper or styrafoam peanuts are good packers (the foam peanuts ain't cheap).

Treat all books to be shipped like they are 9.6 AF15'ers !

+1. My cracked case collection, now includes a ASM 1, and this guy that actually pertains to the thread.

P1120750.jpg

You can't see it in the pic, but it's cracked along the bottom.