• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Green Lantern Collecting Thread.
6 6

1,524 posts in this topic

phpThumbphp.jpg

Nice book, did you pick this up from Metropolis ? I bought a couple JLA's from them and I almost bought this GL. I wasn't sure about the white line at the

lower left corner, was it on the book or slab ? A white paged GL from this era

is tough. Congrats on the pickup !!!

phpThumbphp.jpg

Nice book, did you pick this up from Metropolis ? I bought a couple JLA's from them and I almost bought this GL. I wasn't sure about the white line at the

Got it from Metro and I thought the price was more than fair. The white line is part of the artwork... I know because I was concerned with it as well.

phpThumbphp.jpg

Got it from Metro and I thought the price was more than fair. The white line is part of the artwork... I know because I was concerned with it as well.

The white line IS part of the artwork, I can see it now. If it wasn't for that line I

would have bought it but I'm glad it found a good home ! You are correct, the Metro prices were very fair on the small 30 book consignment they had listed. Did you buy anything else from them from the consignment ? I picked up a JLA 14 in 8.5 White and a JLA 37 9.0 White.

What did you submit Rob?

A bunch of GLs from the middle 30s through 70s (before the Neal Adams issues) I don't have the list handy for the numbers. What's funny about it is, I've had those books in a stack (along with my last submission) for a couple of years, so I have no idea what the grades might be when they come back. I just know, at some point, I looked at them and said "these should go to CGC." It's going to be fun opening the box lol

Edited by rob_react

Silver Age DCs are really the way to go, and GL's a huge part of the reason. Here are a few of my pre-Adams issues:

Green Lantern #13:

3268771184_7af8f655b5_o.jpg

Green Lantern #26:

3268771234_e368ac9d81_o.jpg

Green Lantern #41:

3242577084_c2940cf64f_o.jpg

Green Lantern #44:

3267945535_51e06b2317_o.jpg

Green Lantern #47:

3267945481_bb2aa06786_o.jpg

Green Lantern #56:

3268731194_ef975fa720_o.jpg