• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I just hit 500!

28 posts in this topic

Okay, I know a lot of you have far more feedback on ebay, but tonight I just hit 500 unique (100% positive) and got my purple star! Yay!

-- Joanna

Congratulations. I'm sure it was well earned. Tough especially with all of the raw books you sell. hi.gif

Still waiting for mine, barely at 345 foreheadslap.gif

893applaud-thumb.gif Congrats I was there once a little under 2 years ago and soon you can be next to me in feedback (3393 unique) (6869 positive) if you do like I do and sell books all day long weekend and weekout for 4 years straight. Speaking of which I just had my 4th eBay anniversary got a nice emailed anniversary card from eBay and they billed me..... foreheadslap.gif

Have you seen the positive effects of opening an ebay store? Has your business grown from making this move?

Yes, I always make enough money from the store to pay for it. But what I like the best is that it keeps old auctions ready. IOW, when I need to pad my listings, I'll often grab items from the store and run them for a week or two. I've sold a lot of things that way -- and you don't have to do any work because the auction is ready to go (text, pictures, ebay choices, etc. are already in place).

I also do a lot of posting simply to draw people to the store. For example, I have lots of photos there. If I'm writing comic auctions all week, no one will ever see the photos unless I keep some photo auctions going as well. That's when I usually do the store grab (take a few pictures that haven't been up in awhile) and post them as a doorway to the store. Even if they can't find what they need at auction, they might find it in the store. And when I get a photo buyer, I tend to give away free pictures (buy 4, get one free -- or whatever I sense they might need), telling them to choose from the store. This gets them in there and they often find more than they expected to buy. I've done this with trading cards, too.

I usually don't make huge money from the store, but having those auction-ready pages pays for itself. And the store is so cheap, that it only takes a buy or two to make it profitable.

For those who don't know: the store costs $9.95 a month. Listing costs 5 cents a month (regardless of minimum) and gallery is a penny. For 6 cents apiece, you have a searchable store (type in any keyword and it searches titles and descriptions within your store and auctions) with gallery pictures, categories, etc. There's also a "good til cancelled" option that automatically relists your store items when the month is over, so you never have to bother with them. You can list an item for an entire year, never doing any more labor, for 72 cents total (with gallery, or 60 cents without).

And here's a perk you don't hear about: google searches bring up your store items very near the top of page 1. So if someone is looking for the issue you're selling, they'll see your ebay store listing in Google.

I wouldn't go back to being store-less.

-- Joanna

Okay, I know a lot of you have far more feedback on ebay, but tonight I just hit 500 unique (100% positive) and got my purple star! Yay!

-- Joanna

Congrats Joanna...I'm still in the low to mid-400's, hope to get to join you soon.

-- Joanna

893applaud-thumb.gif Nice work Joanna... couldn't happen to a nicer gal!

See... Purple can be good!

The PSOS (Purple Star of Success) sure beats the PLOD!

stooges.gif

My thanks to everyone! It's a lucky day because I also found $3.00 and an Argentinian Peso bank note in my closet. Not sure where the peso came from, but with a value of over 30 cents, I'm rich!

-- Joanna