• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Poll - TOS #39

TOS #39  

237 members have voted

1. 1. TOS #39

37 posts in this topic

didn't you have an OO copy?

nope - for some reason the original Ironman didn't appeal to me all that much. i also stayed away from the very early Antman TTA's for the same reason.

somehow wound up with most of both runs, but some were picked up in trades, used bookstores, or e-bay purchases within the past 5 years.

and the reason that i like the POLL format so much is that after just one full day, 45 different folks have expressed their opinions..... :o

and i thank all of those that have chosen to participate..... (thumbs u

well it's back from CGC and there's good news and bad news;

the good news is that the entire trip to Sarasota and back to New Jersey took a grand total of only 13 days (better than the 5 business day turnaround at CGC).

the bad news is that there were tiny pieces of tape on the interior of both the front and back covers, that i didn't include in my description when the troops were grading it in this forum..

so 70 folks guessed the grade at a numerical average of 5.3. probably about right on the money if the two pieces of tape are worth a grade deduction each...........

IronMan.jpg

the other good news isthat it was sold to me as an after auction solicitation as a VG, and if you're gonna have defects that drop the grade, better that they're on the interior............. :grin: Basically a pretty sweet 4.0 that's going up on Clink shortly............

I think you guys are a touch high so far. Real nice-looking book, but long creases in the LRC, and most of the corners appear to have degrees of chipping. I'd say 4.5, maybe a soft 5.0.

Agreed. :sumo:

My thoughts exactly...although I'm comfortable at 5.0

Sweet book! :headbang: