• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ghosts 33 Cover for Sale

41 posts in this topic

I love the Bronze DC Supernatural stuff and the Ghosts title in particular. Great cover - very robust price for that piece. I'm actually a bit surprised . . . .

Ghosts 33 Cover

DAM

Huh? Why are you surprised for that price for a Cardy cover? You should see the prices in SD for other Cardy covers. 3 figures is cheap! hi.gif

a great cover! I just picked up a copy the issue on saturday, the cover detail is incredible! I kick myself to this day for passing on the wrightson cover for House of Mystery #214 for $700 at a show in 1989 or so. Instead i bought $800 in [!@#%^&^] of which i have none left today... crazy.gifmad.gifcrazy.gifmad.gif

I love the Bronze DC Supernatural stuff and the Ghosts title in particular. Great cover - very robust price for that piece. I'm actually a bit surprised . . . .

Ghosts 33 Cover

DAM

Huh? Why are you surprised for that price for a Cardy cover? You should see the prices in SD for other Cardy covers. 3 figures is cheap! hi.gif

I didn't realize that the market was so vigorous for Cardy and for the Bronze Supernatural stuff. Plus, isn't Cardy more well known for his work on a Superman title or World's Finest?

DAM

Ghosts 33 Cover

DAM

I didn't realize that the market was so vigorous for Cardy and for the Bronze Supernatural stuff. Plus, isn't Cardy more well known for his work on a Superman title or World's Finest?

DAM

Doesn't matter. A good quality cover is just that! Hell...you could have bought his wrap around cover to Flash 214 for $7,500 two SD conventions ago! hi.gif

Ghosts 33 Cover

DAM

DAM

Doesn't matter. A good quality cover is just that! Hell...you could have bought his wrap around cover to Flash 214 for $7,500 two SD conventions ago! hi.gif

For that money, I would rather have this:

Batman 1 fool!

DAM

Ghosts 33 Cover

DAM

DAM

893scratchchin-thumb.gif I've got a Cardy cover proof... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

How are the stories in the Ghosts title?
Haven't read one in ages. Nothing special. I'll be honest...the covers rock more than any of the stories! foreheadslap.gif

I kinda liked the stories. cloud9.gif..of course....when I read them.. I wasn't as mature as I am now ... crazy.gif ...and I only read about the first 10 issues...
Yep...I'm sure it would have been more interesting for a young teenager at the time than a "grown" adult! angel.gif

I kinda liked the stories. cloud9.gif..of course....when I read them.. I wasn't as mature as I am now ... crazy.gif ...and I only read about the first 10 issues...
Yep...I'm sure it would have been more interesting for a young teenager at the time than a "grown" adult! angel.gif

That's the biggest reason I don't re-read my books...I might find out that they really suck... blush.gif

Ghosts is not a bad title, some of the later ones are the best with some particularly harsh stuff for post code. The covers are really growing on me though, so i have been picking them up more often now. I have always felt House of Mystery was the Best, Witching Hour & House of Secrets were next & then Unexpected & Ghosts.

I like Ghosts quite a lot, but have nothing really to base it against. I always liked the more supernatural feel that it had vs. the more horror feel of some of the ecs ie tales of the crypt, etc. Tales just downright scares me!

I really need to spend a little more time reading titles like HOM, HOS, Withching Hour, Tales of the Unexpected to compare. frown.gif

One day,

DAM

Charlton horror is an undiscovered treasure trove of whackiness & great stuff (and poor production values!) There is so much great Tom Sutton, Don Newton & ditko work, as well as the writing being more intense than most of DC or Gold Key's Output. I even have a few books that they slipped nudity into! 893whatthe.gif