• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comic From The Month You Were Born... Handy Chart

120 posts in this topic

another fascinating effort Greg!

I saw that it got increasingly SpiderManish for a long period!

and that many are the biggest books released each month, but, not always due to scarcity etc. For instance, Showcase 4 didnt "win" its month!

That's true... a similar chart with "highest value" would be interesting,

but since that's not part of the CGC Census, I don't have that data handy.

:grin:

It should be noted that anyone looking for a comic that has a "date stamp"

or was actually "on the shelf" the day they were born would need to look about

two months into the "past" for the appropriate comic. Comic dates (like magazines)

are usually "in the future"... so a cover date may say "January 1970",

but it was probably released (on sale) in November 1969, or even as early as September.

(thumbs u

Exactly correct, and everybody who is using the "cover date" for their "birth month" book is going to be way off. This book came out on my birthday (with the date stamp) in 1965:

outerlimits006.jpg

and, as you can see, it clearly doesn't have a "February" date on it. Another one, for example, for my "Birth Month" is Amazing Spider-Man 24, which is cover dated May, but came out in February - I've seen several with date stamps of February 17.

It's interesting that the chart is cover dates and the thread says comics from the month you were born... simply not the same thing no matter how much one wants it to be true. (The incongruity of this is brought up twice in the thread and ignored.)

It's interesting that the chart is cover dates and the thread says comics from the month you were born... simply not the same thing no matter how much one wants it to be true. (The incongruity of this is brought up twice in the thread and ignored.)

Yep.

If you really want to know what was on the newstands in a given month, generally you have to add three months.

(jan 70 had apr 70 cover dates, etc.)

:gossip: I can't edit a topic title from 2007.