• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NEW POLL - DAREDEVIL # 1

DAREDEVIL # 1  

213 members have voted

1. 1. DAREDEVIL # 1

45 posts in this topic

decided to run another poll as the TOS 39 one will have over 50 votes by the time it's over. (i really like this format............)

another book that i purchased off-the-rack at Sid's Luncheonette in the Winter of 1964. perhaps the only book that i considered buying more than one copy.

1112179605281_daredevil_006.jpg

1113068703589_daredevil_007.jpg

I gave it a 9.0 as well.

That said, I suspect it may be slightly lower. The black line along the spine (visible from the back) seems to show a number of small breaks indicative of spine bends. White books are really tough from a scan as the white hides bends and small creases... the kind of flaws CGC hammers.

I voted either 8 or 8.5, I can't remember. My reasoning was that the spine on the back shows stress lines that don't come through on the front scan. The top of the fc and the bc show some wear, especially the front. There appears to be a stain above the artist's table on the bc at the top.

Edit to add: Looks like a color breaking scuff in the "V" on the fc. The edge wear I'm talking about is really visible in the green logo box on the fc.

What a fabulous book!

I went with 9.2. The corners are nice and sharp, except for the wear in the ULC (overhang?). I kept waffling on the spine tics; I almost always undergrade when guessing pre and post-slab grades, so I'm guessing they aren't as obvious in hand and picked the higher grade.

For me, that looks no where near a 9.2. That ULC looks pretty bad, both on the frontside of the book and the back. Then you have some color breaking creases along the spine. There is a tiny amount of Color loss on the "V". The back cover has a very small chip off the top. Maybe a very very tiny bit of staple pull going on with the top staple. 8.0 I think

I know its a krapshoot grading from a scan but, whoever had the nuts to grade that a 7.0 should come out and say it :screwy:

Nuts to you... (: I guessed 8.0 as well.

This is one that's pretty much impossible without larger, crisper, color-accurate scans (no offense to Harry). The book is obviously beautiful, but you can see it's got some spine ticks...can't tell how visible they are in hand. There's also a hint of a spot/discoloration at the top of the back cover...or is that amplified by the scan? Quite honestly, I could believe the book is anywhere from a 7.5 to a 9.2.