• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NEW POLL - DAREDEVIL # 1

DAREDEVIL # 1  

213 members have voted

1. 1. DAREDEVIL # 1

45 posts in this topic

I went with 8.5 due to the apparent spine ticks and the weak ULC, but I wouldn't be surprised if it grades 9.0 in hand.

Amazing that you kept this book in such great shape off the rack! You must have been consciously been trying to keep your books in perfect shape. Wish I did that back when I was a kid and buying off the rack!

I still do not get why people are hesitant/scared or whatever to grade too high ...WHO CARES ??..If someone just wants to be a smart "A" ..so what!.....BTW.....I was so discouraged when I first got here, from seeing peoples grades , that I didn't send in half the books that I should have..The scans make things look worse here!...,but I will say people have gotten to be a lot more on the mark lately!..............BH...

I went with 8.5 due to the apparent spine ticks and the weak ULC, but I wouldn't be surprised if it grades 9.0 in hand.

Amazing that you kept this book in such great shape off the rack! You must have been consciously been trying to keep your books in perfect shape. Wish I did that back when I was a kid and buying off the rack!

here's a copy of a Sid's Luncheonette Certificate. it tells the story of how these books weren't really babied for a decade. just kept them out of the reach of folks and in a dark environment. wasn't until i bought Overstreet's Guide #6 that i started to take better care of them. (by bagging them in cheap polybags... :o).

1118301325665_Sid_s_COA_001.jpg

here's a copy of a Sid's Luncheonette Certificate. it tells the story of how these books weren't really babied for a decade. just kept them out of the reach of folks and in a dark environment. wasn't until i bought Overstreet's Guide #6 that i started to take better care of them. (by bagging them in cheap polybags... :o).

1118301325665_Sid_s_COA_001.jpg

Wow.....wow...

That's still miraculous. I bought my books at a store about two miles from my house, so in the early years they had to spend 20 minutes hanging in a bag before I even took them out to read!