• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show me Cool Female Characters of the Golden Age!
1 1

437 posts in this topic

Here's a :bump: for this thread. Any new "cool female" books to report, folks?

I just won a coverless Air Fighters v1 #6 for the Black Angel story. Scrooge posted the incredible splash page to the story in this thread...can't remember if he posted the whole story, but if not, I'll post it when the book rolls in. The art on that story is amazing. Can't wait to read it! :)

Here's a :bump: for this thread. Any new "cool female" books to report, folks?

I just won a coverless Air Fighters v1 #6 for the Black Angel story. Scrooge posted the incredible splash page to the story in this thread...can't remember if he posted the whole story, but if not, I'll post it when the book rolls in. The art on that story is amazing. Can't wait to read it! :)

I saw that book was available. Good to hear that you won that. :headbang:

Thanks! (thumbs u

Impulse buy....couldn't resist. Too many of those lately. doh!

I like that book Jon, remind me and I'll send a color scan of the cover, you can use:)

Sounds like a plan! Thanks! :applause:

yes they are, but this is probably my favorite timely girl cover, and as a bonus check the wonderful centerfold.

ma1b.jpg

Don't know how I missed this one the first time around. What a cool centerfold!

yes they are, but this is probably my favorite timely girl cover, and as a bonus check the wonderful centerfold.

ma1b.jpg

Don't know how I missed this one the first time around. What a cool centerfold!

Simply outstanding. :applause:

2205981571_2bc002d4f0_b.jpg

2205982681_223a1204e4_o.jpg

Ms America was very nice. She looked good in Marvel Mystery and Sungirls as well as her own magazine. I thought she looked good in glasses.

Millie got a shot as a superheroine too. At least she posed as the Blonde Phantom in issue 2.

2205983193_69ff49f238_b.jpg

But these is nothing like a Schomburg cover to add a little color.

bb

1626389426_aff358fcf0_b.jpg

2205981571_2bc002d4f0_b.jpg

2205982681_223a1204e4_o.jpg

Ms America was very nice. She looked good in Marvel Mystery and Sungirls as well as her own magazine. I thought she looked good in glasses.

Great stuff, BB-G!

What's up with Miss America's glasses? Did she usually wear them both in and out of costume? Was she wearing contacts in the Fox and Vixen splash panel? Is her disguise even more pathetic than Clark Kent's?

But these is nothing like a Schomburg cover to add a little color.

bb

1626389426_aff358fcf0_b.jpg

That's a wonderful cover -- one of Schomburg's best. I wonder why it didn't get nominated in the "top GA covers" contest a couple of years ago.

Jack

Someone has already shown the Ms Victory splash from Capt Aero 7 but I think this one from Capt. Aero 15 is worth showing.

2205856379_0f1a164c74_b.jpg

Wow!

A generous-hipped woman in patriotic, high-waisted leotard, punching out a jack-booted gorilla with Nazi armband and cap. It doesn't get more Golden Age than that!!!!

Have any of Miss Victory's Holyoke stories been reprinted? Maybe by AC Comics? Is this drawn by Charles Quinlan? (Only artist I could find associated with her at GCD.)

Thanks,

Jack

Thanks! (thumbs u

Impulse buy....couldn't resist. Too many of those lately. doh!

I like that book Jon, remind me and I'll send a color scan of the cover, you can use:)

Sounds like a plan! Thanks! :applause:

Fedoraman made some nice covers for a few of my coverless books. You might consider consulting him.

Miss Victory was reprinted as a Holyoke one shot. She usually appeared in Capt. Aero. I kind of like Quinlan's style on this strip. It always reminds me of Robert Crumb. I think he did the gorilla spash too.

bb