• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Did you have MEGO as a kid? And do you collect MEGO now?

Mego  

114 members have voted

1. 1. Mego

36 posts in this topic

I had Batman, Robin, Penguin, Joker, Riddler, Superman, and a couple from Planet Of The Apes. I loved those as a kid. I still have them, along with the large GI Joes (the small ones hit when I was too old for them), the Six-Million Dollar Man, Lone Ranger, etc. I did have a MEGO size Mummy based on the Universal Horror films. I believe it's head glowed in the dark.

One thing I always remember is that the rubber-band in a couple of them broke and I fixed them with string. My brother had Spidey & the Hulk. I always wanted Iron Man and Aquaman but never got them.

Is it true that they introduced a "Spider-Mobile" car into Spiderman comics just so they could make a Mego car based on it?

I always thought it was complete nonsense for a guy that can swing from buildings on webs to want to fight the Manhattan traffic..... I mean really.... Why would Spidey want to drive a car? There's no place to park in Manhattan on a photographer's salary anyway....

megos....ya you betcha...had em..still got em...sitting in a glass bubble...at least some of the trek megos.

have some apes, the rest of trek minus the romulan...even in the day it must have been a tough one....

even have a few superheroes somewhere....

guess I should sell them...as they don't get much (any) play time now. :insane:

43988-megos.jpg.20af4cd9228f96394145b8dd7183867c.jpg

megor.jpg

some I had at home....most are at my office....

gator

Is that a real removable mask Robin? No repro mask or any other parts?

yep...RM in original box, all original...

no repro parts on any of mine...only missing the riddler belt (rather him be without, than have a repro part...nothing against dr mego, just not my thing)...

rick

I have the Spider-Man. Would sell for a few bucks if anyone wants it. Looks exactly like this one but is not in as nice condition. Have no interest in them (shrug)

http://cgi.ebay.com/Mego-8-body-T2-Spiderman-Complete-ALL-ORIGINAL_W0QQitemZ150155688442QQihZ005QQcategoryZ1169QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I was a big fan of the 3 3/4 Pocket Super-Heroes...for whatever reason, I wasn't a big fan of the dolls. I did have Superman though.

have a set of them too...very cool and considerably scarcer with acc and base:

megopshr.jpg

gator

I loved the Megos as a kid...I had the Star Trek crew, a few aliens, batman, Superman, Hulk, Spider-man, Lizard, Thing, Robin, and many others plus tons of the pocket superheroes as well. I also still have my original Mission to gamma playset which is considered a grail to some Mego collectors now.

My mom was great, she would do surgical repairs on my megos whenever they would snap their inner bands lol!

ahhhh Megos :cloud9:

VERY COOL! I have the Cap but need the shield - does anyone know where I could get that shield??? Or have one to sell me...

I have rarely seen them for sale incomplete, no less complete...ebay maybe?

rick

Have a set of them too...very cool and considerably scarcer with acc and base:

megopshr.jpg

Holy :censored:, seeing these just triggered a memory... I had that Batman w/ the same arms, waist and head (w/ the molded cape connected), but his legs were straight. I don't recall ever having the accessories, or that kind of base though -- was the one that I recall a late-70's or early-80's re-issue?

Sadly, Megos were a bit before I was into Action Figures. I was an '80's "Yo Joe!" kind of kid... (thumbs u :popcorn:

Mine are all long gone from a "clean up" of my room that took place while I was at college (comics did survive!). I had almost all of them. Never had any Star Treks, though, and I still have never seen a Conan. The greatest Mego toy I ever had was the Captain Americar with this sweet function where the shield on the front of the car would bash the mess out of whatever was in front of it when you pulled a lever. I also loved the "punching action" ones with the lever in the back that would move their arms. :cloud9:

I was a big fan of the 3 3/4 Pocket Super-Heroes...for whatever reason, I wasn't a big fan of the dolls. I did have Superman though.

I had the Batman Exploding Bridge set in 3 3/4

I think when they went superhero toys went from "Barbie size" to the smaller action figure size, they all became a lot more acceptable to boys and their fathers. Nobody could no longer accuse you of "playing with dolls", now they were "action figures". Brilliant marketing.