• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Batman #100 Is One Tough Book

11 posts in this topic

I find copies but they are all rags. I've been told this is one tough book to find in decent condition and my personal experience is bearing that out. The last four copies I've held in my hand were probably in the 4.0-5.0 range and every seller wanted at least double guide at that grade. Just assumed a popular title and key issue number meant there would be at least a small supply of high grade books out there.

Guess I was wrong.

There's one in the next CLink Focused Auction

http://www.comiclink.com/Auctions/search.asp?FocusedOnly=1&where=auctions&title=batman+100&x=0&y=0&ItemType=CB

And Metro has a couple

http://www.metropoliscomics.com/bookSearch.php?order=&sort=asc&pageNum=0&pageSize=50&aSearchPos=up&searchType=advanced&title=batman&issue=100&search.x=0&search.y=0&search=Search

It's an key, in-demand issue. You're going to have to pay for those types of books, believe me.

Angelo

There's one in the next CLink Focused Auction

http://www.comiclink.com/Auctions/search.asp?FocusedOnly=1&where=auctions&title=batman+100&x=0&y=0&ItemType=CB

It's an key, in-demand issue. You're going to have to pay for those types of books, believe me.

Angelo

hello all..

this copy of 100 is part of my run in the clink auction...I actually also have a 8.0 raw that is on the way to cgc to be graded, where I upgraded before I decided to sell the run...but I am likely keeping it, so I parted with the 6.0...

Bat 100 is one of those tougher to find 1950's DC books...very scarce in mid to high grade (5.0 and higher)

rick

Oh well. At least I can take a little comfort in that my copy looks better than that graded 6.0 on Comic Link. Not bashing that book at all, it is actually better than most I have handled. Perhaps I'm thinking about it all wrong. Compared to whats out in the marketplace I guess I have a fairly solid copy now.

I find copies but they are all rags. I've been told this is one tough book to find in decent condition and my personal experience is bearing that out. The last four copies I've held in my hand were probably in the 4.0-5.0 range and every seller wanted at least double guide at that grade. Just assumed a popular title and key issue number meant there would be at least a small supply of high grade books out there.

Guess I was wrong.

Batman #100 and Superman #100 are truly RARE in high grade, and both very high demand as well. If a VF or better copy is for sale of either book, expect an unexpected very high sales price.

PS...welcome to the Boards....I have learned more here in 1 or 2 years than 10 years anywhere else.

Steve