• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

metropolis comics accurate on raw books?

83 posts in this topic

I have had good luck buying Raw books from Metropolis. The most they have been off is .5 As a matter of fact, I think my next purchase will be from Metropolis.

This is the last book I bought from them advertised as a 7.5 and that's what CGC thought.

actioncomics93.jpg

I bought this raw from Metropolis a couple years ago. They graded it 9.8 on their label if I remember correctly. Anyway, I sent it into CGC and got this piece of kkrap grade back.

Man, was I disappointed.

dardevil26big.jpg

I have yet to request a scan of a book, front and back, and not received it. Frank is quick and friendly. As a matter of fact, I have in my hands my most recent Metro purchase, still inside the box, as it just arrived by FedEx. I will open it when I get home and post a scan of this bad boy tonight. :cloud9:

Scott

I requested scans of two avengers #7,#11 and they said no.

Heres the reply:

I'm afraid we don't offer scans of books priced under $250. We have nearly 200,000 books in inventory and backstock, with the majority of those books being in that lower price range, and simply don't have the manpower or bandwidth to carry scans of every single book we have in stock. Thus, we have this unfortunate but necessary limitation on the scans we can provide. We do feel that our 10-day no-hassle return policy is ample protection for our customers should they be dissatisfied with grading or condition on those books without scans. I've posted the return policy below, and it's also on our website. If there's anything else I can help with, or any other titles you may be looking for, please feel free to contact me. Thank you for understanding.

I did`nt buy the books, who wants to deal with a return.them saying no to a scan was saying no to my money, if the scans checked out i was going to buy both books. (tsk)

That's the reply I got! I knew it had to do with what I wanted being too cheap, but it wasn't put that way. And yeah, I'm the same way, I don't want to have to deal with returning books. I didn't frequent them, but they were usually the first place I looked for any SA or GA books, now I don't ever go to the site anymore.

And some kudos to Vince for coming on here and publically dealing with these issues. Not too many dealers would do that. Sure, it's a smart business move but it still send a message about his ethics.

I've never ordered thru Metro but they have 3 or 4 on their site books that I've been meaning to buy forever. At least I feel confident that their service is solid.

Yeah, I should have finished the thread instead of replying as I came to each post. It's a lot better than Bulldog's replies, not that it's difficult to top those. :grin:

I'll give the guys a Metropolis another shot when I have some free cash again. Between Pirate, JonJesper, and a couple of others, I'm wiped out!

lol

Thanks for giving us another shot. Once again apologies on the "no scan" response. If you email me at vincentz@metropoliscomics.com I will pull those newly acquired books and get you prices pronto!

Does this apply to everyone? :wishluck:

Yeah..... hm

I hope so! I'm only after one book! :wishluck:

I bought this raw from Metropolis a couple years ago. They graded it 9.8 on their label if I remember correctly. Anyway, I sent it into CGC and got this piece of kkrap grade back.

Man, was I disappointed.

dardevil26big.jpg

gorgeous!!! love those dd's.

hook, gene drew that cover? with telescoping legs? are they thus "colonoscopic"?

hook, gene drew that cover? with telescoping legs? are they thus "colonoscopic"?

Obviously, you've never had one....otherwise this wouldn't be funny to you.

:sumo:

lol

(thumbs u

Man, was I disappointed.

dardevil26big.jpg

Is it just the scan or is there a color breaking crease on the upper right hand corner?

Man, was I disappointed.

dardevil26big.jpg

Is it just the scan or is there a color breaking crease on the upper right hand corner?

Looks like an intact chip....., :shrug: much like the bottom left...., :shrug:

Man, was I disappointed.

dardevil26big.jpg

I like that new term. Yes!

And Nik.....of course I am. I was thrilled with this book, especially since there is no Red Hook Bump. :cloud9:

I have purchased many books from Metro and I have found their grading pretty dead on. I just purchased a slightly restored copy of More Fun Comics 73. I will post a scan when it arrives. I have nothing but good things to say about Frank. He is always fast to reply to emails and always eager to help.