• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Funky boxes...

38 posts in this topic

Wondering if any of you in here have any funky custom made comic boxes.I know we had a post a while back where members showed pics of their awesome comic storage shelves or rooms, but im wondering if anyone has gone so far as to build an actual storage box or customize an existing one with artistic designs. Would be cool if comic shops sold longboxes with, lets say, marvel or dc character artwork covering the entire thing. A spiderman box for your spidey collection, superman box, etc. Post some pics if anyone has any or has shots of something bizarre. cool.gif

Yeah, I'll do that.... right after I solve world hunger. 893frustrated.gif

This is a seriously [!@#%^&^] post. One of our forum members (Osborn_France?) posted some cool storage ideas. If somebody has some cool ways to store books, I wouldn't mind seeing them. Seriously. Lighten up.

Wondering if any of you in here have any funky custom made comic boxes.I know we had a post a while back where members showed pics of their awesome comic storage shelves or rooms, but im wondering if anyone has gone so far as to build an actual storage box or customize an existing one with artistic designs. Would be cool if comic shops sold longboxes with, lets say, marvel or dc character artwork covering the entire thing. A spiderman box for your spidey collection, superman box, etc. Post some pics if anyone has any or has shots of something bizarre. cool.gif

Back some years ago, I used to customize all my boxes.

I'd do theme boxes with X-Men, Spidey, Avengers, Batman, etc.

Actually, the local collectors would trade comics to me for doing custom boxes for their collections too.

I haven't done one in years. And all the ones I did are long gone.

Interesting topic. I wonder if anyone has something for show and tell. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Actually, the local collectors would trade comics to me for doing custom boxes for their collections too.

Interesting topic. I wonder if anyone has something for show and tell. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

thumbsup2.gif Dice, you rock. Thanx for the cool story. Too bad you got rid of them all, would of loved to have seen them.

thumbsup2.gif Dice, you rock. Thanx for the cool story. Too bad you got rid of them all, would of loved to have seen them.

Since I'm going to the con in Dallas, you got me thinking.

I wonder if people would pay cash for custom boxes at the con.

I could do up 10 or so and sell them for comic cash. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I just wonder if it would be worth it or just a waste of time. frown.gif

Since I'm going to the con in Dallas, you got me thinking.

I wonder if people would pay cash for custom boxes at the con.

I could do up 10 or so and sell them for comic cash. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I just wonder if it would be worth it or just a waste of time. frown.gif

Nothings a waste of time if it turns into $$$$'s.

Give it a go. Sell them as customers are leaving the Con. I think you'll get a few buyers willing to part with a few more $$$'s. grin.gif

DIdn't jens25e post his pics of his longboxes with red felt inside and painted all black on the outside? It looked like 2 coffins...maybe chromium saved that pic?

Wha ??? Why the hell would I do that ???

You know I only save the ones were people look dorky, not the ones showing the dorky stuff they made smile.gif

Anyway I'm sure it's on his website http://www.jenseickhoff.com/ but I couldn't be bothered to harvest the whole site just to find the pic....

Meanwhile here are my custom boxes, I have about 150 of these, each holding between 40 and 50 comics.

Since this pic was taken, I have redone most of the decals, removing all the white on the edges...

storage2.jpg

And my custom made cabinet

Now filled to the brim with lovely funny books....

newstorage.jpg

Yeah, I'll do that.... right after I solve world hunger. 893frustrated.gif

This is a seriously [!@#%^&^] post. One of our forum members (Osborn_France?) posted some cool storage ideas. If somebody has some cool ways to store books, I wouldn't mind seeing them. Seriously. Lighten up.

Sorry, it's not me grin.gif

It's our friendly belgian collector, but you already know that now you have seen his beautiful custom cabinet 893applaud-thumb.gif