• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Superman 1 ebay scam

44 posts in this topic

Why would anyone want to buy these types of books from unknown eBayers? If your that interested in a good Superman 1, contact a known and reputable dealer to help make the sell. This won't be the first scam and definitely not the last when it comes to these iconic books.

I only have a customer service number, Rick, I've been in some kind of beta test for years...I get to speak to real people and they AGREED it's a fake, I was told they were bumping it up to a higher level of security, but there is a big backlog..that was the problem. If it's not off tomorrow, I'll ask to speak to a supervisor.

She had a point, when security gets these emails, calls, they are not experts in every field and the seller seems legit, so sometimes, it's hard for them to make the call...I told her this time there WERE experts involved...she did say to thank you profusely....let's see what happens today.

FYI

Another Superman #1 scam

Kinda looks familiar to me....by the way he never recovered his paypal fees from the first unsuccessful sale of this very same book.

Original Superman #1 sale that some guy named vaughnwarren won

yep, another reprint....

rick

FYI

Another Superman #1 scam

Kinda looks familiar to me....by the way he never recovered his paypal fees from the first unsuccessful sale of this very same book.

Original Superman #1 sale that some guy named vaughnwarren won

Planning on buying another copy? You must be loaded. :makepoint:

It's alarming that someone with over 400 positive feedbacks can play coy with answers to questions about an item that could potentially fraud someone out of a LOT of money. I would wonder about the integrity of that one.

SEEMS LIKE EVERYONE'S MOVED ON ON THIS TOPIC, but in case, on ebay currrently a GCG certified copy if Sup #1 and yet it appears to have at least one of the features of a reprint (the 10 cent price touches the border) - could it be a reprint?

1stSuperman1.jpg

Bob,

Its nice that you are looking out for everyone, but I think you are a little misinformed. The 10 cent price on the cover always reaches into the border. The easiest way to differenciate the original from a reprint is to examine the back cover. The dotted black line along the spine on the back cover is present on the original but not the reprint. (If it were a reprint CGC would definitely have caught it)

Here are some other Sup 1s I've sold. (All have the 10 cent price going into the border)

Superman185-1.jpg

Superman152.jpg

Superman155-1.jpg

Superman150-1.jpg

Superman140.jpg

Superman130-1.jpg

Superman1-3.jpg

Sups1.jpg

Supermannumber1.jpg

Supermananother1.jpg

Superman1-2.jpg

Superman1j.jpg

Superman1-front.jpg

Supaman1.jpg

Sup1702-1.jpg

1stSuperman1-1.jpg

Superman1-4.jpg

I think it has a good chance. Honestly I think the BiN is a bit of a stretch (though not impossible) But I think the reserve is fair and has a legit shot at being met depending on who sees the auction. The reserve is set within 10% of what the book sold for a year ago, and Sup 1 prices have gone up a good amount since then. Its not a steal but it would definitely be a solid pick-up for someone in my opinion.

I agree. I think Sup 1s (especially unrestored) are about as solid of an investment as you can get. (Right behind Action 1 & Tec 27) If I didn't have a Sup 1 in my collection already I would've been tempted to pick this one up myself.

I'm not really trying to play ebay police or something, I was just curious.

I didn't really expect an CGC book could be a reprint but I thought earlier in this thread I read that the 10 cent price touching the border was a tell-tale feature of a reprint. i wondered how that could be if authentic ones had that feature as well.

Thanks for the lesson and the gorgeous gallery of Superman 1's

Bob