• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Superman 1 ebay scam

44 posts in this topic

backcover.jpg

this is the back cover...I have confirmed for the seller that it is the 1974 reprint via at least 6 diff emails, yet look at his most recent update...I even explained to him that the 1974 copyright is on the famous 1st cover that has been removed, and that the interior indicia is reproduced from the 1939 comic...

you all need to bust this scammer!

Paratrooper!!!

gator

Hmm, already busted one scammer for a fake supes #1 and forced him to pay $160 in seller fees. Perhaps I'll screw with this guy too.

I have exchanged numerous emails with the guy, and he seemed thankful that I brought to his attention that he was selling a reprint...but, I guess maybe he doesn't care...

rick

maybe its neatstuff trying to hit their reserve in another manner (shrug)
hm I don't think so.

i need ten reasons why you feel that way--i didnt hear you by the bridge

:sorry: There was a last minute decision to go south instead due to first come first serve docking in Amsterdam. I didn't wanna risk having no place to dock. I had no way to reach you. Did you bring the Action #1

I called, they promised to kick it upstairs...has anyone contacted Neatstuff? That was one of the questions they asked.

Great job of proof, Rick! I showed them the two pictures and they immediately saw they were the same.

Let's see if it actually works... :wishluck:

I called, they promised to kick it upstairs...has anyone contacted Neatstuff? That was one of the questions they asked.

Great job of proof, Rick! I showed them the two pictures and they immediately saw they were the same.

Let's see if it actually works... :wishluck:

Hello all...

I also confirmed for the seller it was a FF reprint, but he is ignoring (the proof is in the back cover)

gator

sharon, also ,if you will use your pull with ebay, use the jpg of the back cover he emailed me I posted on page 1, which is 100% proof positive it is a reprint, even though he continues to try to scam bidders that it is not a reprint

rick

It's amazing the way the guy answers questions about the authenticity by not ever really answering the exact question, but alway manages to put in "I am a positive & confident seller." How does a seller get a feedback rep of 414 and blow it all on a scam like this. And people continue to bid it up? This is surreal.

hello all

there are 4 details that confirm it is a reprint:

1)back cover, has no "dotted" lines for the pin up cut out

2)the 10cent price on front cover...on reprints, the red "1" touches the black border box, on originals, it is centered and does not "touch" (there is white space between)

3)the size and spacing of the FC graphics (larger , with less space on the top and the bottom edges)

4)size and cover stock (glossier, darker blues,etc)

I know of at least 2 folks besides myself, that have provided this info to the seller, yet he continues to "scam" folks

gator