• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OT am I the only one watch the UFC tonight?

173 posts in this topic

On a very old topic....

Spike replayed UFC 70 yesterday, which featured Andrei Arlovski defeating Fabricio Werdum. I forgot how awful that fight was. I hope that Dana White doesn't give Arlovski another payday after mailing in the 2nd and 3rd rounds of that fight. Send him to the WEC to fight for his dinner. No fighter should embarrass the UFC and get away with it like that. Send Tim Silvia to the WEC Siberia while you're at it, too. I never want to see either of them again.

that's B.S. - Bisping did NOT win that fight. He was close to getting knocked out in the 1st round & he got taken down multiple times in the 2nd & 3rd rounds. One of the judges even scored it 30/27 in favor of Hamill!!! Bad call.

In all due respect does being taken down mean you are losing the fight? Strikers get taken down more because they sit on their punches and are susceptable to take downs. While Bisping didnt destroy Matt Hamill I can see how a judge would score the 2nd and 3rd rounds for him. Hamill did well in the first round but looked tired in the other 2. While Bisping was throwing light punches and scoring. Takedowns without doing punishment actually makes you look bad. That is what Hamill was doing. Hamill was bigger and stronger and should have smeared Bisping all over the mat. Then when Bisping stands back up it adds to the perception that Hamill couldnt control the ground game. Not saying Bisping won but can see how a judge would score it the way they did.

In all due respect does being taken down mean you are losing the fight? Strikers get taken down more because they sit on their punches and are susceptable to take downs. While Bisping didnt destroy Matt Hamill I can see how a judge would score the 2nd and 3rd rounds for him. Hamill did well in the first round but looked tired in the other 2. While Bisping was throwing light punches and scoring. Takedowns without doing punishment actually makes you look bad. That is what Hamill was doing. Hamill was bigger and stronger and should have smeared Bisping all over the mat. Then when Bisping stands back up it adds to the perception that Hamill couldnt control the ground game. Not saying Bisping won but can see how a judge would score it the way they did.

Well, the announcers always mention how you score points off takedowns. I think despite Hamill looking tired, he should have won based on the three rounds I saw. Had it gone one more, who knows...but it didn't. I'd like to see a rematch, cause I don't think this fight really settled anything with these two, or shouldn't have anyways.

Bisping needs to go down a weight class and learn to throw effective punch combinations. He has power, but little in the way of boxing skills, and seems afraid to throw.

Hamill needs to work on his endurance. I was surprised at how gassed he was by the end of the third round... surprising for a wrestling champ.

I would have given that fight to Hamill. I give him credit for being gracious after the loss. Hamill's standup has improved a lot, but a better fighter than Bisbing would have picked him apart.

Henderson / Jackson was a pretty good fight. It was a close one, but Jackson deserved it.

Cro-Cop is probably done in the UFC. That was a TERRIBLE performance. There's nothing worse than a "top striker" who won't let his fists fly. Miserable!

Couldn't believe Cro-Cop wasn't throwing kicks. What the was he thinking? He may very well be done in the UFC.

Hamill should have got the decision.

Not sure how I feel about Jackson's performance.....

I was very dissapointed in Cro Cop. There was so much hype with him so I was looking forward to his 1st fight where he just got killed with that high kick but prior to that he didn't look too good. I actally agree withe the Hammill decision but if it were declared a draw I would have been fine as well. Mark was totally gassed. He looked better than he did on the UF and I think if the two had met then he would have lost as well. I don't see great things from either of them long term.

The best part of UFC 75 was the same as UFC 71 - Houston Alexander!

The guy is a beast and he looks so freaking evil out there. That's what the UFC needs more of - fighters who go out there looking to win, and win big, rather than chumps who prance around trying not to lose.

Cro Cop is a great fighter, but he's fallen victim to the "don't take chances" bug that infects many PRIDE fighters making the shift (Nogueira was almost out in his first fight) - he seems nervous and tentative, not like the bone-breaking, head-hunting monster he can be.

I guarantee if Cro Cop faced Gonzaga and Kongo in the PRIDE ring, he'd have knocked them both out. Unfortunately, he's a different fighter in the UFC cage. (shrug)

The best part of UFC 75 was the same as UFC 71 - Houston Alexander!

The guy is a beast and he looks so freaking evil out there. That's what the UFC needs more of - fighters who go out there looking to win, and win big, rather than chumps who prance around trying not to lose.

Cro Cop is a great fighter, but he's fallen victim to the "don't take chances" bug that infects many PRIDE fighters making the shift (Nogueira was almost out in his first fight) - he seems nervous and tentative, not like the bone-breaking, head-hunting monster he can be.

I guarantee if Cro Cop faced Gonzaga and Kongo in the PRIDE ring, he'd have knocked them both out. Unfortunately, he's a different fighter in the UFC cage. (shrug)

Do you think Cro Cop will be back? I was a little disappointed in Jackson's fight but I was real happy to hear he beat Chuck.

Do you think Cro Cop will be back?

At heavyweight, I don't know, but if I was his manager, I might be looking to shed a few pounds and see what he has at 205. The UFC cage seems to benefit the bigger guys 'dirty boxing" and pushing the lighter ones into the mesh. In PRIDE, it's a standard boxing ring so the technique is much less useful.

I think Cro Cop needs to go down a weight class, where he would be incredibly dangerous and could really manhandle the competition. The guy is at his heaviest at 215-220 lbs now, and at 6'2", it's not a stretch to hit 205 and toned.

In PRIDE, weight class is not the big deal it is in the UFC, and I'd recommend Mirko hit the bikes and steam room for a few weeks, then pop back and take some heads off in Light-Heavyweight.

Do you think Cro Cop will be back?

At heavyweight, I don't know, but if I was his manager, I might be looking to shed a few pounds and see what he has at 205. The UFC cage seems to benefit the bigger guys 'dirty boxing" and pushing the lighter ones into the mesh. In PRIDE, it's a standard boxing ring so the technique is much less useful.

I think Cro Cop needs to go down a weight class, where he would be incredibly dangerous and could really manhandle the competition. The guy is at his heaviest at 215-220 lbs now, and at 6'2", it's not a stretch to hit 205 and toned.

In PRIDE, weight class is not the big deal it is in the UFC, and I'd recommend Mirko hit the bikes and steam room for a few weeks, then pop back and take some heads off in Light-Heavyweight.

(thumbs u