• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TimMay's Baltimore Comicon Report

12 posts in this topic

I hit the con on saturday. Got a late start but after finding a parking lot that wasn't full ( :kidaround: red sox fans.....20 bucks for event parking), I got into the con around 12:30 or so. I wandered around aimlessly until I found Rich Henn's booth to get directions for the CGC dinner. I met the other Rich and Russ when I got there. After that, I started looking for some books. First purchase was this from Vault of Comics to finish the run to 100 (which I thought was complete until I put them in a long box).

IM60.jpg

I returned there about 3 more times during the day to get these. He had just bought a 40 year run OO collection which had alot of nice cheap mid grade bronze.

ASM109.jpg

FF123.jpg

FF58.jpg

I also managed to upgrade my coverless copy of #1. Not too bad for 20 bucks.

IM1turd.jpg

Sometime during the afternoon I picked up this nice copy of #20 from a dealer I don't remember.

IM20.jpg

And got this very nice copy of #12 from Bob Storms.

IM12.jpg

I headed over to Geppi's before the dinner to check it out. The comic room was awesome, the rest of it I could skip and spend more time in the comic room. Definitely worth seeing it if you're in baltimore. It is an incredible display of all the genres of comics, with nice copies of everything from donald duck to spawn ( lol spawn didn't quite make the cut, but pretty much everything else was there).

The CGC dinner was a blast! The food was excellent and the beer was cold and fancy (doggie style something or other). It was nice to finally meet all these characters from the boards. Big Kudos to Rich Henn for hosting the dinner, and big kudos to his wife for putting up with us. The conversation was all over the map, from stronguy's opinons on indian tech support to joeypost talking about sucking cottage cheese through the side of his mouth to crisco and sal talking about nitrous hits at a rave or something like that.... :whistle:

As the night progressed, the books came out. Joeypost had some very nice high grade bronze age scores, and I think he might even deserve a new title (uber high grade bronze age whore?? hm ). Arex had some sweet high grade DC's he had picked up at the con too. And then it went downstairs to Rich's bar, where he pulled out his AF15 (I think Arex was asleep by then).

(worship) (worship)

Of course plitch had to ask if it was the right dept code on the add on the back cover, and I think a couple people went to heritage today to check it out (was it 134 or 137?). For me it was a great con, a great dinner, and an all around great time!!

See ya next year

TimMaY

:banana: :banana:

It was a great show, with a lot of great deals and a lot of dealers looking to make some deals!

The highlights for me were meeting Mr. Joe Kubert and Mr. Sergio Aragones, getting their autographs, and listening to them during their panels. It was a blast, much fun.

Now to decide what to do with my Commander Bacara bust......

I love con reports. Nice p/u on that IM 1. Really a nice looking copy for $20.

:takeit:

I bet I get $20 for the coverless one it replaced when I unload it on feebay.

I had a blast...excellent con!!

:headbang:

I was not asleep then :sumo:

Now, after we looked at Rich's books is when I took my sweet sweet nap. Little did I know I was going to need that nap for what occured later.

details forthcoming.

Had I been there, you would have woke up looking like a blue devil... :devil:

I was not asleep then :sumo:

Now, after we looked at Rich's books is when I took my sweet sweet nap. Little did I know I was going to need that nap for what occured later.

details forthcoming.

Had I been there, you would have woke up looking like a blue devil... :devil:

Thats low.. even for a dook fan!

:o