• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Grade some comics from my youth

32 posts in this topic

Well you saved the correct books from your youth thats for sure, No Amazing fantasy 15? (shrug)

nice comics welcome to the boards. Agree that if you are going for maximum value send them to CGC for grading.

And to determine Market value Go to E-BAY and research recent sales.

water damage gets you with these, but nice group....smart of you to save them.

Cheers, and welcome to the boards.

(thumbs u

(thumbs u

(worship)

Well, you said everything I would have said. :D

(thumbs u

(worship)

Well, you said everything I would have said. :D

:insane:

Forgive me if I call potential BS on this. I get the odd feeling that this post is a scam in the works. Post really great books in midgrade condition (any higher would be very suspicious). Feign ignorance of their value, condition, etc. PMs start to arrive to offer buyer a purchase for these books he collected as a kid but didn't remember until now. :blahblah:

If I'm wrong, I'll step up and say so later and offer a rousing "Welcome to the boards" at that time. Until then, I'm skeptical.

Forgive me if I call potential BS on this. I get the odd feeling that this post is a scam in the works. Post really great books in midgrade condition (any higher would be very suspicious). Feign ignorance of their value, condition, etc. PMs start to arrive to offer buyer a purchase for these books he collected as a kid but didn't remember until now. :blahblah:

If I'm wrong, I'll step up and say so later and offer a rousing "Welcome to the boards" at that time. Until then, I'm skeptical.

I'm heading down the same path here. Also: it doesn't hurt to say please grade my comics :gossip:

Man you two are a bit on the pessimistic side. (tsk) Maybe he or she really is new to the Boards and maybe he or she really did save some cool books from youth. To imply anything else at this point is kind of rude IMO.He or She at this point arent offering to sell anything only asking for opinions. And as for the fact they forgot to ask for a please in their post, can be chocked up to just being new and not knowing the proper etiquet. It is not like they demanded we grade..they requested the grade.

It is one thing to be skeptical, but we should make new poeple feel more welcome and give the benifit of the doubt.....End of rantrant

Man you two are a bit on the pessimistic side. (tsk) Maybe he or she really is new to the Boards and maybe he or she really did save some cool books from youth. To imply anything else at this point is kind of rude IMO.He or She at this point arent offering to sell anything only asking for opinions. And as for the fact they forgot to ask for a please in their post, can be chocked up to just being new and not knowing the proper etiquet. It is not like they demanded we grade..they requested the grade.

It is one thing to be skeptical, but we should make new poeple feel more welcome and give the benifit of the doubt.....End of rantrant

:applause:

It very well may be BS but nothing sketchy has taken place yet.... Come on!