• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Grade some comics from my youth

32 posts in this topic

Sorry you don't believe the post. I have had the comics and known I've had the comics all along. I actually have quite a few more than these. However, I decided that maybe it is time to find out what value they have rather than just keeping them in a cardboard box.

Well congrats on the books if they've been in a box the whole time and you just decided to pull them out. I agree with the comments that each is around 3.5-4.0. Waterstains are a big detractor in my opinion. Welcome to the boards.

Your welcome, and I dont think anyone was trying to be mean. It is easy to be cynical, unfortunatly there are so many people scamming everywhere these days. I just feel it is always best to give the benefit of the doubt, and all of us myself included need to be reminded from time to time that not every thing that seems too good to be true is a scam. Hey I ram new here too and I remember on one of my first scans I forgot as well to ask please. Welcome to the Boards I think you will find we all here are a pretty cool bunch of people.

Now all that being said you beeter not be a scammer and make me look like a Bozo :baiting:

water damage gets you with these, but nice group....smart of you to save them.

Cheers, and welcome to the boards.

(thumbs u

(worship)

Well, you said everything I would have said. :D

Yup, i think those grades are about right, as well, except i might tweak the DD#1 up to a 4.5............they present a bit better because the major water damage is on the BC's of the Avengers and X-men.

not a bad little grouping and welcome to the boards............ (thumbs u

Believe me I know about scammers as my wife sells on ebay. Anyway, I think I will take the advice and at least have these 3 graded by CGC. Also, the comics aren't quite as yellow as my scans made them appear. I just wanted to get an idea of their quality, since if the comics were not very valuable it wouldn't be worth the cost to have them graded and encapsulated. Along these same lines has anybody ever used the reconditioning service that CGC mentions in their FAQ's? Does reconditioning add any value to the comics? Thanks!

Believe me I know about scammers as my wife sells on ebay. Anyway, I think I will take the advice and at least have these 3 graded by CGC. Also, the comics aren't quite as yellow as my scans made them appear. I just wanted to get an idea of their quality, since if the comics were not very valuable it wouldn't be worth the cost to have them graded and encapsulated. Along these same lines has anybody ever used the reconditioning service that CGC mentions in their FAQ's? Does reconditioning add any value to the comics? Thanks!

I don't know of any restro that will remove water stains.

Beside restro will kill the value of your books.

:(