• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

" I DO NOT NEED CGC OR ANYONE ELSE TO TELL ME HOW TO GRADE A COMIC."

17 posts in this topic

Check out the auction # http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2192449208&category=32748

With his feedabck and money back guarentee what's the risk?

I guess the risk is that he will be reclining on a beach in the Caribbean with your money while you desperately try to get a refund on the crappy books, but cannot find him.

I know you were being sarcastic, but I couldn't resist.

Pretty funny. I don't need CGC or anyone else to tell me how to grade, either.

This is why I continuously say that many adult males are selfish, egotistical insufficiently_thoughtful_persons...a lot more people think like this but just don't explicitly share this undeveloped line of thinking. Saying that he doesn't need CGC to tell him how to grade is one thing, but the "or anyone else" marks him as classically narrow-minded. This effectively means he has made up his own grading system and doesn't adhere to any standard...that's a stunningly stupid attitude.

This is why I continuously say that many adult males are selfish, egotistical insufficiently_thoughtful_persons...a lot more people think like this but just don't explicitly share this undeveloped line of thinking. Saying that he doesn't need CGC to tell him how to grade is one thing, but the "or anyone else" marks him as classically narrow-minded. This effectively means he has made up his own grading system and doesn't adhere to any standard...that's a stunningly stupid attitude.

Kind of like guys that don't want to ask for directions even though they are completely lost. insane.gif

Kind of like guys that don't want to ask for directions even though they are completely lost. insane.gif

my dad always said we were touring new cities, not lost.

I think it's funny that he says he doesn't need anyone to tell him how to grade but he doesn't have any grades in his auction. There isn't even a close up scan so you can get a feel for the grades. And if you want to get the grades you need to email him for a list and then he's got you. Sheesh 27_laughing.gif

Eric

27_laughing.gif ...I always say..."We're not lost...I just don't know where we are yet."... insane.gif

27_laughing.gif ...I always say..."We're not lost...I just don't know where we are yet."... insane.gif

As long as you know how to get home from where you are,yu are not lost.

Kind of like guys that don't want to ask for directions even though they are completely lost.

Want t hear something funny. This is a true story that happened to me.

Me and my wife were traveling and of corse we got lost. So she tells me after about a hour of driving around aimlessly to stop at a gas station and ask for directions. So I did. Got out of the car and went to the guy behind the window that takes your money. I ask him for directions. And guess what. He didn't speak English. He couldn't uderstand a word I said. Told my wife when I got in the car that they didn't know which way either. She then had me go to another gas station. This time she went in. She came out a few minutes later. She says I think the guy is speaking Arabic. She couldn't understand him. I laught my a** off. I think that was the last time she ever asked me to ask for directions. Now I drive around aimlessly like every other guy. Hey! It's a guy thing. popcorn.gif

Kind of like guys that don't want to ask for directions even though they are completely lost.

Want t hear something funny. This is a true story that happened to me.

My brother, Tim, and I were trying to find a movie theatre in a nearby city. We were on the right road but had been driving a very long time. He finally decides to ask someone. He pulls into a gas station to ask the attendant. As the guy came to the car, I started trying to get Tim's attention. Exasperated with my interference, he said, "What??!!" I pointed to the building next door to the gas station and said, "There's the theatre." Embarrassed, he turned to the attendant and asked directions to our home town, so that he wouldn't seem like an insufficiently_thoughtful_person.

-- Joanna

Well I guess I don't need CGC to grade my comics...

But if I ever expect to sell them I do!

How am I gonna convince someone that my Hulk 102 is NM+(9.6) and they can just send me $1300.00 and trust my grading!? thumbsup2.gifdevil.gif