• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

There are great pages, there are grails.... and then there's this ->

35 posts in this topic

Why the hell would he get it signed, let alone personalized? It's already signed inside the art. If you must get it signed again, at least do it in the margin. Way to disfigure a piece of comic history.

Why the hell would he get it signed, let alone personalized? It's already signed inside the art. If you must get it signed again, at least do it in the margin. Way to disfigure a piece of comic history.

As I said, it's not signed inside the art

:makepoint:

Signature and personalization is not on the art itself.

Structurally one of the cleanest Steranko cover.

Dude. It says in BIG marker right smack in the middle of the piece - "To Phillipe From Steranko". :(

So this is a re-creation... very lovely, but not the original cover which would be the real (worship) (worship) (worship)

Doesn't Steranko personalize everything he signs these days to discourage flipping? That was my experience getting a print signed by him and I have heard similar stories from others. (shrug)

If it's not signed on the artwork itself, I'm not sure what the point is from either Steranko's or the collector's point of view. Or, maybe the scan on CAF is of a signed photocopy of the original? The linework actually looks pretty soft, like it may have been photocopied. I do agree wholeheartedly with whoever said that the shading (color) is what made this piece - without it, you really lose a great deal of the atmosphere and gravitas of the published cover:

44263-cap113.jpg.87140cf196d89c09e0b666dd56af4dd3.jpg

OK a little bit more details,

I did sold to Philippe this cover in the late 80's early 90's, so this is the real cover and not a re-creation. The signature was done later on a separate piece of board. What you see on Philippe's Gallery is the art plus the signature on the top.

Hope this is clear. :makepoint:

OK a little bit more details,

I did sold to Philippe this cover in the late 80's early 90's, so this is the real cover and not a re-creation. The signature was done later on a separate piece of board. What you see on Philippe's Gallery is the art plus the signature on the top.

Hope this is clear. :makepoint:

I understood you the first time Fred (thumbs u ....and judging from all the great pieces I have seen on Phillipe's collection I assumed from the beginning it was the real deal. :applause: