• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Avengers 4 and restoration...

5 posts in this topic

Hopefully you can see the pics of the Avengers 4 below. The front cover looks decent but as you can see on the back cover there is a large peice missing in the upper left. Would it be worth it to get that piece replaced, and perhaps the issue pressed? Or should I just leave it as is?

ef8fecb0.jpg88b097bd.jpg

Kevin

I agree, the front cover presents really well. The spine looks to be in fantastic condition. And unless the missing corner really bothers you, I would leave it as it is.

That said, I think if you wanted just the corner replaced it would not run all that much since it is in an area that is easy to get to. But it all depends on what else you would want done to the book(wash, CT, pressed etc..) and what you plan on doing with the book afterwards, meaning if you plan on keeping it then cost is not so much a factor if it is worth it to you personally. But if you plan on selling it then leaving it as it is would be the way to go.

Nice book though, would love to see some better photos just for kicks.

Ze-

Depends on what your intent for restoration is. If you're looking to sell it, will the cost to restore outweigh potential profit? Will the newly restored grade (now only worth around 25% of the OSPG for an unrestored copy) be worth more than it was as a lower grade unrestored copy? Worth considering since there is such a stigma surrounding restored books.

If you ARE looking to sell though, let me know as I know someone who is in the market for a nice low grade copy. :)