• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Two KEY Marvels for your viewing pleasure...

55 posts in this topic

Chi Bamm,

Yes, feel good about the hobby! I've always said, "Buy what you enjoy and enjoy what you buy". Although I'm new to the Society, I'm probably a little older than many of the Society members so don't be surprised when I tell you that it took me decades to acquire these 2 gems through buying, selling, upgrading, etc. I love RAW books to enjoy them.

Just set some attainable goals and appreciate the hobby for what it is.

Chi Bamm,

Yes, feel good about the hobby! I've always said, "Buy what you enjoy and enjoy what you buy". Although I'm new to the Society, I'm probably a little older than many of the Society members so don't be surprised when I tell you that it took me decades to acquire these 2 gems through buying, selling, upgrading, etc. I love RAW books to enjoy them.

Just set some attainable goals and appreciate the hobby for what it is.

:golfclap:

Peewee, cropped your photos for you. Incredible books :cloud9: and your FF #1 looks nicer then 6.5!!

(worship)(worship)

44327-ff1-adjusted.jpg

(worship)(worship)

44328-af15-adjusted.jpg

(worship)(worship)

I agree that the FF#1 looks better than a 6.5, but there's no BC scan which could tell the story. i'd be curious what the defects are because it's sure hard to see 'em.

the AF 15 is beautiful, as well. just the spine nicks and tanning that barely detract on the FC.

all-in-all, two of the nicest copies that i've seen on these boards.......... :acclaim:

Hey Comic fans....here's two KEY Marvels (raw) to drool over...I just recently purchased the FF1 from Heritage (CGC Blue 6.5 with WHITE pages and cover...the Janowicz copy). I unslabbed it and was asked to scan the unslabbed version so here it is...I also attached my AF15 that I've had for ages...and yes, that IS the pages arcing/bowing on the outside edge of the AF15 scan..white as snow!

My gosh I was sweating bullets pulling these puppies from the mylars so enjoy!!

Drool is right.

First, welcome to the boards.

Second, please share your collecting history with the rest of us.

How the.... H.E.DOUBLE HOCKY STICKS does that peice of history and art get a 6.5???????? Is it missing the BACK COVER FOR CRIPESSAKES!!!!!!!!!

Beutifull just beutifull glad you liberated it from the slab That low number from what i see in the scans was only insulting a really nice copy! Welcome to the boards!!

Thanks to Blue808 for cropping my scans (I'm scan illiterate!) and all the warm welcomes and compliments. Burntboy, I attached a BC scan to view. I called CGC on the FF1 and the notes include one chip lower right edge, one corner crease lower right (that breaks color), and one spine crease middle of book spine. That's pretty much it. In the 'ole days, we called this a solid Overstreet VF (2x guide due to white pages & cover). Book in hand, most would grade higher I think. Doesn't matter. It's a killer copy and the AF15 is structurally better with identical paper quality. Both babies get the same TLC!

As far as my collecting history, joeypost, Spidey is king. Picked up a #73 (Man Mountain Marko) at Majic Mart (4 comics pre-bagged for 48 cents) in '68. I was hooked! Sobbed like a baby when 121 hit the stands. First AF15 was a Poor copy for $75. Had 'em all...a complete VF (or better) run of Spidey. In the 80s, it was the CBG (Comic Buyer's Guide) to buy & sell back issues. Bought & sold 'em over the years to finally invest in these 2 gems. Some collectors like quantity but I prefer quality. Best comic investment I ever made? Bought a Spidey #50 in early 80s for $10 (NM/M) and sold it for $5600. Not bad! The hardest SA book to find? Showcase 22 in 6.0 or better with nice pages...

All in all, buy what you enjoy and enjoy what you buy. I'm pleased to meet everyone and please share your scans!

44404-ff1back.jpg.9a36db8bcfa681953298775145e8239c.jpg

Hi PeeWee , great story and comics. Not a bad flip on your ASM #50.. :golfclap:

Thanks for posting the books, your AF15 is nice, but that FF 1 really does present very well.

Welcome to the boards.

Ze-

Bronzilla,

It is what it is. CGC was tough on this book and did not pedigree it even though some of the Janowicz books have certain pedigree characteristics. If you did not note earlier, this is a Janowicz book (one owner newsstand book).

It's an ultra rare white FF1 and looks better, asthetically, than many 8.0s I think. Here's the Northland pedigree FF1 scan for comparison...very nice!

44405-ff1northlandpedigree.jpg.75444fee1eef9070e70b9648509527e8.jpg

44407-ff1cropped.jpg.b367a7998a7126edbe79cb1363cd9d23.jpg