• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Two KEY Marvels for your viewing pleasure...

55 posts in this topic

Hey Comic fans....here's two KEY Marvels (raw) to drool over...I just recently purchased the FF1 from Heritage (CGC Blue 6.5 with WHITE pages and cover...the Janowicz copy). I unslabbed it and was asked to scan the unslabbed version so here it is...I also attached my AF15 that I've had for ages...and yes, that IS the pages arcing/bowing on the outside edge of the AF15 scan..white as snow!

My gosh I was sweating bullets pulling these puppies from the mylars so enjoy!!

44327-ff1-adjusted.JPG.fb5fc534e6d1feb82674e5b17e271fdf.JPG

44328-af15-adjusted.JPG.4c211953b57ca4827e05f4b2c7c67dc5.JPG

I found Mr. Janowicz in NY. Here is Mr. J's recent email response to me about the book and himself:

Brannon - Yes, I was the one and only owner of the Fantastic Four #1 comic that was recently auctioned through Heritage. I originally bought it at a local corner store in my neighborhood when I was 13 years old. I kept it at my Dad's house until recently when he passed and I decided to sell my comic collection.

If you bought it through Heritage, I must compliment you because I believe that the value of the book (even though it was graded) exceeds what it is. The pages are white and the book overall, having been shown to two prominent dealers (Empire Comics in Rochester and Dave Belmont, Comics Etc, in Los Angeles (while visiting here). Both have said that "this is one of the cleanest and best copies of the book they ever saw".

I was sorry to sell it, but as I am retiring soon and possibly moving with my wife to another state. I wanted to find a new home for my comics and picked Heritage Auctions which is the #1 comic auction house in my opinion.

Please keep in touch with me, send a photo of you and the book if possible. Your e-mail makes me feel connected and I am pleased that you wrote. And, Heritage is selling more of my collection so please keep a watch on that for other great books that were "one owner only".

Best regards,

Joseph Janowicz

Thanks to all on the nice compliments!