• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

All Top #8 + Rulah #17 - Anyone know the owners of these books?

5 posts in this topic

All Top #8 CGC 8.0?

After at least two failed attempts to sell in on Heritage, it is now up on comiclink:

All Top Comics #8

Rulah #17 NM-

The book was up on Hakes.com in January of this year with no bids. It was listed as NM-, but probably overgraded.

Hake's - RULAH JUNGLE GODDESS #17 AUGUST 1948 FOX FEATURES SYNDICATE.

Any info would be appreciated.

I appreciate a GGA cover as much as the next guy, but those books are ridiculously over priced and I don't care what past sales might indicate.

I would most definitely agree with you that the All-Top #8 is way overvalued in the guide. I simply can't believe that it's listed for $3,750 in top guide when I see copies of this book at most of the major conventions that I go to.

On the other hand, I haven't really been paying much attention to the asking or realized prices on this book in the marketplace. Just seems like a awful lot of money for the book to be guiding at when it's really a non-key common book with a nothing cover.

And that's coming from a guy who owns the Overstreet copy from way back when and can't even remember where this book is anymore. doh!

I agree that the guide price for the All Top #8 (as are most of the All Tops) is quite high. I have followed past sales, especially on Heritage. The 8.0 "D Copy" sold for over guide (about $1800). Oddly, this particular issue has failed to sell at auction on Heritage on 3 straight occassions.

However, I don't know that I would classify a sexy/leggy winking Rulah cover as a "nothing cover." The issue at hand is tied as being the third highest graded issue, so I don't imagine you were seeing many issues of like grade at shows.

:busy: