• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anyone ever seen a production miscut book as bad as this before?

11 posts in this topic

I picked up this X-Men 245 not long ago and thought it was kinda off when I saw it. First of all it's the scarce 2nd print that many folks don't know about. What's unusual is the the way the book was cut during production due to the fact that the top part of the book is much bigger then normal size and the bottom is way too short. Anyone else ever seen anything like this before? Here are some pics showing a comparison with an X-Men 244.

miscut3.jpg

miscut2.jpg

miscut.jpg

I wouldn't say the top looks *much* larger (and it's not even matched up flush to the 244), while the bottom is significantly smaller no matter. That's why I stated it might be a scissor job.

And as for worst production miscut, it wouldn't even come close.

Looks like someone took a pair of scissors to it - seriously.

Is the right edge even or wavy? Looks to be a bit uneven in the scan. Since a trimming balde will cut a straight line most of the time I agree that this book could have been trimmed after it left the printers.

Looks like someone took a pair of scissors to it - seriously.

Is the right edge even or wavy? Looks to be a bit uneven in the scan. Since a trimming balde will cut a straight line most of the time I agree that this book could have been trimmed after it left the printers.

As said originally, it could be a trimming job but I highly doubt it as the top portion of the book is larger then a normal sized issue. I will need to take some more pics of the inside pages to show you what I'm talking about.

As promised, here are some additional pics.

Notice the "extra" white part on the top corner of the cover...

miscut4.jpg

Might be a bit hard to see, but you can see part of the printer proof on the edge of the corner.

miscut5.jpg

If it wasn't for these, I would also believe that somebody might have taken a scissor to the book. However, I'm pretty convinced that this book was miscut during production.