• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Busting comic thieves! Share your story.

133 posts in this topic

I'm pointing out some of the lies you've posted so far. :gossip:

Just a quick note on the "lying" front... Ewert had similar excuses when caught on the micro trimming and people went back to emails and the like where jason was caught in multiple lies on many different fronts. Those were not always used to demonstrate direct culpability in trimming itself, but rather that he had a pattern of behavior in lying.

It seems that's what ShoNuff has successfully shown here.

You can think wht youwant.You are wrong.You will find no altered books sold by me ever.Everything Ive posted is the truth.Believe it or not.

Shonuff seems to be on a witch hunt for some reason.

Maybe the reason is because you're lying. (shrug) There's really no disputing it. You've been quoted saying one thing and then saying another that's in direct contradiction. That's a lie by just about any standard. Seems pretty clear to me.

You can think wht youwant.You are wrong.You will find no altered books sold by me ever.Everything Ive posted is the truth.Believe it or not.

Shonuff seems to be on a witch hunt for some reason.

Cardinal rule when dealing with people who always speak the truth, never trust 'em. Case in point, truthteller, pathological lier.

Everything Ive posted is the truth. Believe it or not.

So you're saying that all of your contradicting lies are the truth?

Interesting. hm

Guru: All things are true.

Student: Even false things.

Guru: Yes, even false things.

Student: But how can this be?!?

Guru: I don't know - I didn't do it.

What if Shadow had a wireless router with no firewall, and his neighbor just so happened to be that Daniel guy. Daniel could have been linking in to that wireless signal....then the sharing of IP address is plausible.

Yes, that is the way multiple users could have the same IP. Actually, each computer WOULD have a different IP but that would be a DHCP IP from the "private network" being passed out by the SL/Cable router.

It would not have to be wireless either. It could be wired with other computers sharing the same router. Either way, the real front end IP being used by the ISP is what will be recorded, not the private DHCP IPs.

Not a defense of painfully obvious excuses - just an explanation of a truth in networking.

They REALLY need to start logging MAC (aka Hardware) Addresses - THOSE are truly unique identifiers. Then again - the whole Big Brother syndrome makes my toes curl.

What if Shadow had a wireless router with no firewall, and his neighbor just so happened to be that Daniel guy. Daniel could have been linking in to that wireless signal....then the sharing of IP address is plausible.

Yes, that is the way multiple users could have the same IP. Actually, each computer WOULD have a different IP but that would be a DHCP IP from the "private network" being passed out by the SL/Cable router.

It would not have to be wireless either. It could be wired with other computers sharing the same router. Either way, the real front end IP being used by the ISP is what will be recorded, not the private DHCP IPs.

Not a defense of painfully obvious excuses - just an explanation of a truth in networking.

They REALLY need to start logging MAC (aka Hardware) Addresses - THOSE are truly unique identifiers. Then again - the whole Big Brother syndrome makes my toes curl.

You lost me at "Yes"

I hate computers.

Just to clarify, MAC addresses are NOT unique as you can buy NICS that have user-assignable MAC addresses. They are SUPPOSED to be unique as assigned by the manufacturer.

It IS possible to spoof or clone a MAC address. (Some NAT/Routers also need to do this for cable modem service since they authenticate based on the MAC address during installation.)

In this situation, highly unlikely, however.