• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

educate me please.......how desirable is Action Comics #7 ??

66 posts in this topic

Rick;

Now that's just excellebt and concise feedback! (thumbs u

What would your responses be for the same questions with respect to Action #13, which also seems to be in high demand and hard to find? Is this a poor man's version of Action #7 or similar to a 'Tec 35 in relationship to 'Tec 29 and 31?

hey guys...

I got very lucky...when I put my action 1-100 run together, I got 1-14 all via an OO collection...the 1 was a g/vg, but the 7 was a VF and the 10 I had at Fn+ and the 13 was a Fn/VF (these are my grades, from the same notebook I keep back in 1991, that I still have today)...

that said, 13 is surely the 3rd most desired, with 10 close behind...I suspect 13 is as rare as 7 (and 10), but just doesn't get the same "attention" (though it should), especially on these boards, because we seem to have more Tec focus...

my personal belief is that action 13 relates nicely to the tec 35 analogy, but know that action 7 and 13 both appear to be much scarcer in terms of copies trading hands (at least in the last few years), though I doubt they are any "rarer"...

a run I am glad I am not anxious to revisit, though I hope to have an action 1 and 7 by end of next year...

gator

What would your responses be for the same questions with respect to Action #13, which also seems to be in high demand and hard to find? Is this a poor man's version of Action #7 or similar to a 'Tec 35 in relationship to 'Tec 29 and 31?

I agree with Lou......

Rick, what we really want to know is does it seem fair to say that Action 13 is the poor man's Action 7 which is the Tec 29 and 31 of the early Action run with the scarcity of Tec 35 while Action 7 is the Tec 28 with regards to scarcity and the Tec 33 with regards to demand, while the Action 7 is the poor man's Action 1 which also has Tec 28 scarcity while Tec 27 is the red headed step child's Action 1 with Tec 35 scarcity and Action 1 demand and almost similar pricing while Action 1 trumps them all with Action 1 scarcity which is similiar to Tec 33 and Action 1 demand? (shrug)

Steve

steve, you know I love you, but I think I have a headache!...here is my synopsis...

Action 1 and Tec 27 are both fairly readily available, if you have the funds to get (usually restored, at least of late)...

Tec 29 and Tec 31 "appear" more abundant, especially on these boards, given that there are a bunch of us tec fans posting them...that said, the Actions are not any "rarer" in terms of numbers out there, but do appear "scarcer" in our little microcosm...I have been waiting for a little while, for a certain action 7 to materialize in a sales email to me (I hope it is a done deal :wishluck: )

action 10 and 13 have historically been in as much demand as tec 33 and tec 35, but I suspect they are traded less often, based on recent sales...

gator

I am not an Action Comics collector, and would like to learn more about Action #7...it intrigues me. I know it's the 2nd Superman cover, and I know there are only a few graded copies / only 1 in/close to high grade.

Steve

Here is the DC v. Fox lawsuit copy. I think it is a terrific book. jon

(thumbs u That is a scarce book. Congrats on having a copy.

I agree with Lou......

Rick, what we really want to know is does it seem fair to say that Action 13 is the poor man's Action 7 which is the Tec 29 and 31 of the early Action run with the scarcity of Tec 35 while Action 7 is the Tec 28 with regards to scarcity and the Tec 33 with regards to demand, while the Action 7 is the poor man's Action 1 which also has Tec 28 scarcity while Tec 27 is the red headed step child's Action 1 with Tec 35 scarcity and Action 1 demand and almost similar pricing while Action 1 trumps them all with Action 1 scarcity which is similiar to Tec 33 and Action 1 demand? (shrug)

Steve

steve, you know I love you, but I think I have a headache!...

this post of mine was supposed to be a :signfunny: , not to be taken seriously....guess I'll have to try harder in the future doh!:insane:

I agree with Lou......

Steve

this post of mine was supposed to be a :signfunny: , not to be taken seriously....guess I'll have to try harder in the future doh!:insane:

I was hoping it was, but since this is your thread, thought, "well, maybe"...

gator

Heres the deal with Action 7.............Its desireible for the same reason as Tec 31.

ITS ALL ABOUT THE COVER....Same classic artwork like Tec 31. A beautiful classic Shuster cover. There arnt many early Action Superman covers to begin with. I think 1, 7, and 23 are the standouts. These covers are all from the actual creator of Superman,not followup artists. His artwork is crude by todays standards, but theres beauty in simplicity in my eyes here.

This is the number 1 book on my comicbook list.

I agree with Lou......

Steve

I got it, but I'm a sucker for a great run-on sentence :insane:

Heres the deal with Action 7.............Its desireible for the same reason as Tec 31.

ITS ALL ABOUT THE COVER....Same classic artwork like Tec 31. A beautiful classic Shuster cover. There arnt many early Action Superman covers to begin with. I think 1, 7, and 23 are the standouts. These covers are all from the actual creator of Superman,not followup artists. His artwork is crude by todays standards, but theres beauty in simplicity in my eyes here.

This is the number 1 book on my comicbook list.

For easy visual comparison. Compliments of jbcomicbox a full service forumite.

44524-action1.jpg.65a11e56f07526b960e21f77fdedbe2f.jpg

44525-action7lawsuit.jpg.65d5a82e6f9a3b3ba041527114d4e5a2.jpg

44526-action23.jpg.aa097653386aa063243e0523a22f7126.jpg

Tec 31 has a much better cover than Action 7 IMO and Action 1 is better than Tec 27 (more focus on Superman). In fact other than issue 1, all the first Tec 29-36 Batman covers are better than the Action 7 10 13 15 on up Superman covers. They're just grittier

I didnt say Action 7 had a bettor cover than Tec 31????????????

I said its desired for the same sort of reason.There both desired for there classic covers. With that said, I like Tec 31 a little bettor too. Visually speaking.

I agree that the early Tec covers are more visually attractive than the early Actions too.With the exceptions of 1, 7 and 23......................In my opinion !

There both desired for there classic covers. With that said, I like Tec 31 a little bettor too. Visually speaking.

I agree that the early Tec covers are more visually attractive than the early Actions too.With the exceptions of 1, 7 and 23......................In my opinion !

I'm a train buff so # 13 is extra special to me.

Tec 31 has a much better cover than Action 7 IMO and Action 1 is better than Tec 27 (more focus on Superman). In fact other than issue 1, all the first Tec 29-36 Batman covers are better than the Action 7 10 13 15 on up Superman covers. They're just grittier

Scarcity aside, I dont think you will get much argument on that point. But at the same time I think that is exactly what makes the issues you listed uniquely classic. While they are light years apart visually, they all remain very powerful images nonetheless.

And when you factor in personal preference that can sometimes trump visual style for what the cover represents to the individual.

Comics, ya gotta love'um!

Ze-