• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

educate me please.......how desirable is Action Comics #7 ??

66 posts in this topic

I am not an Action Comics collector, and would like to learn more about Action #7...it intrigues me. I know it's the 2nd Superman cover, and I know there are only a few graded copies / only 1 in/close to high grade. My questions would be:

1. In the GA Superman comics world, how would Action 7 rank?

2. how many estimated copies are there---roughly?

3. do they usually sell around Guide / multiples of Guide?

4. how high is the demand for this issue on a 1-10 scale?

5. what are typical condition issues?-- spine splits, chipping etc. etc.

6. what issue would Action #7 resemble most ( scarcity and desirability ) in the Detective Comics run?

7. what is the long term outlook for this issue -- brigth and sunny or clouding up and sure to rain?

8. what are the characterisitcs of Action #7 that make it special? ( aside from the whole 2nd Superman cover thing ;) )

Thanks Action guys!

Steve

I am not an Action Comics collector, and would like to learn more about Action #7...it intrigues me. I know it's the 2nd Superman cover, and I know there are only a few graded copies / only 1 in/close to high grade. My questions would be:

6. what issue would Action #7 resemble most ( scarcity and desirability ) in the Detective Comics run?

7. what is the long term outlook for this issue -- brigth and sunny or clouding up and sure to rain?

8. what are the characterisitcs of Action #7 that make it special? ( aside from the whole 2nd Superman cover thing ;) )

Thanks Action guys!

Steve

1-it is often called the "poor man's action 1"...it ranks a close second to action 1 if you collect them, and ahead of action 1 for many, because it is realistic that a copy could be purchased financially

2-100?

3-unrestored, about 4x guide... restored, about 2x guide

4-the highest

5-low grade and restored

6-tec 29 and 31

7-they ain't making any more, so bright and sunny

8-the cover, story has been reprinted many times

as we speak, I am waiting on pins and needles for "someone" :baiting: out there to say , "rick, I got your copy"....

gator

I am not an Action Comics collector, and would like to learn more about Action #7...it intrigues me. I know it's the 2nd Superman cover, and I know there are only a few graded copies / only 1 in/close to high grade.

Steve

Here is the DC v. Fox lawsuit copy. I think it is a terrific book. jon

44473-action7lawsuit.jpg.2941b1cc92b2caacfb1dd09973fa35c5.jpg

My gut feeling is that Action #7 is a very tough book, especially in better than VG. The few copies I've ever seen have been restored and/or low grade. Maybe it's not impossible, but I'm pretty sure it's more scarce than Action #1 or any of the pre-Robin Tecs.

I am not an Action Comics collector, and would like to learn more about Action #7...it intrigues me. I know it's the 2nd Superman cover, and I know there are only a few graded copies / only 1 in/close to high grade.

Steve

Here is the DC v. Fox lawsuit copy. I think it is a terrific book. jon

WOW!

Very cool piece of history! :applause:

I believe Rick is pretty much on the money with the exception of #6. I have found that the number of available copies of Tec 29 & 31 far exceed Action #7. I recently became aware that Harley had a complete but low grade copy that was priced aggressively, I called him to discover he had sold it not long after he got it. :pullhair:

I believe Rick is pretty much on the money with the exception of #6. I have found that the number of available copies of Tec 29 & 31 far exceed Action #7. I recently became aware that Harley had a complete but low grade copy that was priced aggressively, I called him to discover he had sold it not long after he got it. :pullhair:

:o

j/k

actually, the closest pre robin tec that compares to the desirability of action 7, are the tec 29 and 31...from a scarcity standpoint, tec 28 is more in line with "tough to find"....

rick

I have found that the number of available copies of Tec 29 & 31 far exceed Action #7. I recently became aware that Harley had a complete but low grade copy that was priced aggressively, I called him to discover he had sold it not long after he got it. :pullhair:

What is your definition of low grade, as Neatstuff had a copy around vg+ in San Diego July/07 for around $17k? Compares to Detect 31 blue label Cgc 5.0 now on cConnect asking around $25k. hm

I have found that the number of available copies of Tec 29 & 31 far exceed Action #7. I recently became aware that Harley had a complete but low grade copy that was priced aggressively, I called him to discover he had sold it not long after he got it. :pullhair:

What is your definition of low grade, as Neatstuff had a copy around vg+ in San Diego July/07 for around $17k? Compares to Detect 31 blue label Cgc 5.0 now on cConnect asking around $25k. hm

Is the grade of VG+ your grade, or theirs? hm

Thanks Action guys!

Steve

1-it is often called the "poor man's action 1"...it ranks a close second to action 1 if you collect them, and ahead of action 1 for many, because it is realistic that a copy could be purchased financially

2-100?

3-unrestored, about 4x guide... restored, about 2x guide

4-the highest

5-low grade and restored

6-tec 29 and 31

7-they ain't making any more, so bright and sunny

8-the cover, story has been reprinted many times

gator

Rick;

Now that's just excellebt and concise feedback! (thumbs u

What would your responses be for the same questions with respect to Action #13, which also seems to be in high demand and hard to find? Is this a poor man's version of Action #7 or similar to a 'Tec 35 in relationship to 'Tec 29 and 31?

What would your responses be for the same questions with respect to Action #13, which also seems to be in high demand and hard to find? Is this a poor man's version of Action #7 or similar to a 'Tec 35 in relationship to 'Tec 29 and 31?

I agree with Lou......

Rick, what we really want to know is does it seem fair to say that Action 13 is the poor man's Action 7 which is the Tec 29 and 31 of the early Action run with the scarcity of Tec 35 while Action 7 is the Tec 28 with regards to scarcity and the Tec 33 with regards to demand, while the Action 7 is the poor man's Action 1 which also has Tec 28 scarcity while Tec 27 is the red headed step child's Action 1 with Tec 35 scarcity and Action 1 demand and almost similar pricing while Action 1 trumps them all with Action 1 scarcity which is similiar to Tec 33 and Action 1 demand? (shrug)

Steve

I agree with Lou......

Rick, what we really want to know is does it seem fair to say that Action 13 is the poor man's Action 7 which is the Tec 29 and 31 of the early Action run with the scarcity of Tec 35 while Action 7 is the Tec 28 with regards to scarcity and the Tec 31 with regards to demand, while the Action 7 is the poor man's Action 1 which also has Tec 28 scarcity while Tec 27 is the red headed step child's Action 1 with Tec 35 scarcity and Action 1 demand and almost similar pricing while Action 1 trumps them all with Action 1 scarcity and Action 1 demand? (shrug)

Steve

Who's on first again?

(:

I agree with Lou......

Rick, what we really want to know is does it seem fair to say that Action 13 is the poor man's Action 7 which is the Tec 29 and 31 of the early Action run with the scarcity of Tec 35 while Action 7 is the Tec 28 with regards to scarcity and the Tec 33 with regards to demand, while the Action 7 is the poor man's Action 1 which also has Tec 28 scarcity while Tec 27 is the red headed step child's Action 1 with Tec 35 scarcity and Action 1 demand and almost similar pricing while Action 1 trumps them all with Action 1 scarcity which is similiar to Tec 33 and Action 1 demand? (shrug)

Steve

I'm pretty sure that Action 662 is the poor man's Action 500.

I agree with Lou......

Steve

Could you run that by me one more time slowly! :grin: