• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Miscut + Old Label = Resubmission?

8 posts in this topic

I have a Defenders #10 9.2 with WHITE pages and an old label which indicates 'Miscut'. Since it has an old label, would it be a good candidate for rebsubmission?

resubmission won't fix it

even in a new holder it will still be miscut

:makepoint:

welcome to the boards :hi:

Thanks. I thought that the powers that be might be a little more lenient in their later years towards that type of production defect.

Hopefully this isn't a beat-up topic, but what's the scoop on book misalignment in general? I realize that the book that I posted is mis-cut, and obviously skewed in a counter-clockwise direction, but I have several high grade books with that ugly white stripe running down the left hand side. I feel that a properly aligned book is more appealing and so, more desirable.

I realize that the book that I posted is mis-cut, and obviously skewed in a counter-clockwise direction, but I have several high grade books with that ugly white stripe running down the left hand side. I feel that a properly aligned book is more appealing and so, more desirable.

Resubmission might garner the same grade minus "miscut" on the label. A reholdering might do the same; worth a call to CGC to find out.

Edit: post your books right side up so we don't have to scroll left to right (thumbs u

Resubmission might garner the same grade minus "miscut" on the label. A reholdering might do the same; worth a call to CGC to find out.

Edit: post your books right side up so we don't have to scroll left to right (thumbs u

Good advice Tim! Re-sub is probably not going to change the grade, but if reholdered, the "miscut" note will more than likely be dropped. :grin: