• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Interesting book coming up on Heritage

126 posts in this topic

Totally shut out. I had hopes of snagging the Frazetta Famous Funnies at a decent price, but nothing doing. I thought the sub-prime mess was supposed to be forcing asset prices to deflate! :mad:

Mystic Comics #3 (SA):

The final cost was $310 with BP.....didn't even reach the 2.0 OS price. It's a PLOD, so I guess that scared off the floor guys. No floor bids!

What to make of the market...............a continuation of the bull market or a shift towards a bear market? hm

I guess it really depends on what you are talking about. The Larson Marvel 1 definitely makes it look like a bear market when it is only able to achieve 60% of guide for a top key book with a major pedigree.

The obscure Crash Comics #4 in 6.5 condition, on the other hand, with the first appearance of Catman makes it look like a continuation of the bull market as it sells for over 2.4X guide.

Hard to tell with this restored copy of Mystic Comics #3. Based upon the condition value, it appears to have sold for 53% of condition guide. Exact same discount which the Science Comics #1 with Slight Professional resto went for in the auction. Not a bad discount I guess for a restored book or is it really more like only 26% of market price as these types of books normally sell for double guide in unrestored condition. (shrug)

BTW: I was really hoping to have picked up the Science #1, but more in the $600 or so range. Oh well, maybe next time. :wishluck:

Any opinions as to the state of the current market based upon prices realized in this auction, relative to the current downturn in the economy? hmhm

Any opinions as to the state of the current market based upon prices realized in this auction relative to the current downturn in the economy?

hello all...

from the last economic indicators I have seen, unemployment continues to be at near all time low rates, GNP is on the rise, trade deficit is shrinking, and the economy is holding its own against inflation with timely help from the Fed...all this, in the face of rising oil costs, subprime mortage worries, the weakening dollar overseas and a war on terror that is surely taking its toll....I would say our economy is in phenominal shape, all things considered?

rick

Given the recent strength of Duck books, I was pretty surprised that the 9.0 FC 178 went for only $2629 (just 1.6X Guide). Whoever won it got a bargain, in my opinion.

The prices were clearly lower than in the last several auctions. You may well have timed your sale perfectly.

The Larson Marvel 1 definitely makes it look like a bear market when it is only able to achieve 60% of guide for a top key book with a major pedigree.

Isn't that particular copy an unusual example, though? Regardless of the grade assigned, and the pedigree, collectors really hate fading. I would think a non-pedigree 8.0 without the fading would have done much better.

Thanks! I'm pretty excited - that's by far the best example of a Shield-Wizard #12 I've ever seen (and the only one graded) - it'll stay in the CGC holder for sure - I'll break my own rule about de-slabbing books.

I just love that Zip 3 cover - my old copy was a restored VG+ that I paid around $300 for.

I hate the Buyer's Premium though - what extra do I get for my premium?

Thanks! I'm pretty excited - that's by far the best example of a Shield-Wizard #12 I've ever seen (and the only one graded) - it'll stay in the CGC holder for sure - I'll break my own rule about de-slabbing books.

I just love that Zip 3 cover - my old copy was a restored VG+ that I paid around $300 for.

I love that cover on Zip 3 and you will never own a nicer 12 than that one. And yeah, why bother to remove it, you've read the stories. lol Excellent pick ups!

I thought the Caps, overall, were weak. It wasn't the best selection of covers I've ever seen, but the prices seemed a tad soft. That All Select 5 went for less than I thought. From what I was watching, the market seemed much more realistic than in previous years.

If recent history is any guide, about a three week wait for your books. lol

Heritage is weird. Once I recieved my book before I paid, another time I recieved my books like 3 days after the auction ended (paid the same night) ... im always happy with them... :cloud9: