• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Baltimore Comic Con and Plug for Blazingbob

24 posts in this topic

I'm surprised no one here has talked about the Baltimore comic con all that much on the boards... I'm really anticipating a good show, and looking forward to (hopefully) going on Sunday.

There's going to be some great guests there, and from what everyone's said about the show... it should be a great time!

I'm also going to plug Bob here a little because after our thread on the most recent Big Apple show, a lot of us (myself included) threw out suggestion to Bob saying he should blow out some inventory and try and find a way to get some cheap(er) books that he doesn't want to lug...

Guess what? he actually did. And now, as a consumer, I feel at the very least obliged to say that we (as a consumer group) can't complain about Bob never listening to us or not at least taking what's said here into consideration. And, I feel that it'd be good to look at Bob's boxes (plus his new high grade Bronze collection) and try to buy... if only to support a dealer who's willing to respond. Hey, how many times do many dealers just blow us off when suggestions are made? Okay, so that's my plug, check Bob out in Baltimore.

Is anyone out there going to Baltimore (besides DAM and Donut?) Chrisco you going? Maybe some of the forumites could just get together for at least a market report or to put names and faces together again...? since dinner is out since I can't come on saturday...

Will be there. I'm off Friday. I'll be bringing my wife and son up on Saturday. I have chrisco's, dan's and TomG's number and meeting them up there...I was thinking most of the marylanders and virginians would make a showing: yertle, hobbes, lantern, horkorp (different forum name, I forget), jonnyD and fantastic four? here's my cell - give me a ring if you are up there and want to meet on the floor or something...571-241-5374 - look forward to seeing you.

I will be hunting for variants of course for myself and a few west coast collectors. I will definitely look to find Bob's table and check out the talent (no, not the big-boobed kind 27_laughing.gif ). Also want to catch up with my buddy that sells primarily Museum Editions and Jay Company stuff - fantasticrealm on eBay, Jeff Schwarz - good guy...

Please note that the show will DEFINITELY STILL BE ON, no matter what this [!@#%^&^] Isabel does. Should be lots of fun. I'll be working the Cards, Comics and Collectibles table. Come by and say hi!

Yeah... well I want to come, but if there's a hurricane (and it is supposed to be out of Philly by Friday) on Sunday, I think that may lessen my chances substantially... hopefully DAM and will see some of you guys there... Darth, I'll definitely give you a ring Sunday presuming we make it.

"stuff priced between $5 and $25... which I assume is stuff he's offering deals on"

No, I am bringing a lot of nice copies of books from deals I have bought over the years priced at $5 up to $25 dollars each. I am not planning on discounting them even further. I will also have a new collection of high grade bronze as well as my regular wall stock. I will also have a wall display of CGC plus 5 boxes of graded.

Yep. I'll be there for Saturday! Would've liked to attend both days, but can't make it on Sunday. I was going to start a similar thread to get an idea of how many people would be there. Maybe everyone could meet at a certain time, say 3:00 @ CGC Booth, just to say "Hi!" and show off some of your acquisitions. Perhaps we could stop by ESPNZone or Hard Rock for some food & drinks.

Please respond to this thread if you plan on attending. Thanks!

Chris

Yeah... well I want to come, but if there's a hurricane (and it is supposed to be out of Philly by Friday) on Sunday, I think that may lessen my chances substantially... hopefully DAM and will see some of you guys there... Darth, I'll definitely give you a ring Sunday presuming we make it.

My thoughts EXACTLY!!! Really excited by this but really cautious with a hurricane . . . 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

DAM

bob,

sorry... confusing post on my part: I knew that the boxes of $5 to $25 were the actual prices, not going to be discounted further.

As for whoever asked if I worked for Bob... No... but, what I believe in is supporting the dealers that I think are positive, that's why you'll hear me talk about Bob Storms, Ted VanLiew and Gary Platt a lot. The problem is, that with so many dealers out there that either can't grade or don't do a good job in several areas of customer service or other complaints, I like to support, through word of mouth and through buying a limited number of dealers. It doesn't mean I can't find books elsewhere, but I will always try to find books from those three dealers if I can. Honesty, fairness and a solid grading are what I look for.

And, I'm not even supporting them because I'm such a huge customer of any of those three... I buy in what I think for them would be relatively small amounts (somewhere in the average of $300 at a show)... so I'm just supporting those I view as the best.

with bob and teddy in baltimore...the boston show will be a horror. Worse than usual. Can't stand the 893censored-thumb.gif that runs it anyway.....

What exactly is the thinking behind running these two shows at the same time, so relatively close to one another?

My thoughts EXACTLY!!! Really excited by this but really cautious with a hurricane . . . 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

DAM

zzzzzzzzzzap.gif

I'm more worried about the clean-up afterwards...the hurricane is the easy part...I'm a hurricane Andrew refugee...the hard part is dealing with no power,spoiled food, and picking branches out of your windows.

J.D.