• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Best way to resub?

29 posts in this topic

I have a few SA books that were graded several years ago with the old label. The grades look real strict... I was thinking of sending them in to be regraded.

Does anyone have experience with resubbing? Do you crack them out and send them in a mylar or just send them in the old slab? I'd love to hear recommendations.

Crack

Dry Clean

Press

Resub

you forgot the "insert c-note on inside front cover for freshness"

this 100 dollar bill is for freshness only, and since the graders

observe your diligent efforts to properly perserve the book -

you will be awarded positive 0.5–1.0 tacked onto the final grade.

:thumbsup:

Crack

Dry Clean

Press

Resub

C note? Man you guys are overpaying. I only slip in a Jackson :kidaround:

Crack

Dry Clean

Press

Resub

Man no wonder I'm not getting the good grades I've bin putting loonies in the books. :P

Crack

Dry Clean

Press

Resub

Man no wonder I'm not getting the good grades I've bin putting loonies in the books. :P

They probably lower the grades for doing that. :baiting:

I have a few SA books that were graded several years ago with the old label. The grades look real strict... I was thinking of sending them in to be regraded.

Does anyone have experience with resubbing? Do you crack them out and send them in a mylar or just send them in the old slab? I'd love to hear recommendations.

Never bothered to resub any myself, but I think the anonymous crack out is the way to go. :grin:

if

Doesn't that screw up the Registry numbers if you crack it yourself?

Wouldn't it be best to send the lable in with the book?

I would anonymously send back the CGC labels AFTER I resubbed in order to maintain correct census.

I wouldn't just send the labels in with the actual resub, then CGC would just resub it at the same grade, so whats the point? Also don't forget to pull out the micro-chamber paper when resubbing, otherwise CGC will figure it out.

That is what I thought, but CGC has stated that they crack it out before it goes to grading... I was just going to send it in the slab (for protection) and have CGC crack it out. I trust them to break it out of the slab. (safer than doing it myself.) Who has experiece with resubs??? Which way do you prefer?

Pardon me if I am wrong but when you resub you are saying they graded it wrong or perhaps undergraded it. You do not want them to know the book has been graded before or they will give the same grade. If you are reholdering it then you send with the old label. Hope that helps

That is what I thought, but CGC has stated that they crack it out before it goes to grading... I was just going to send it in the slab (for protection) and have CGC crack it out. I trust them to break it out of the slab. (safer than doing it myself.) Who has experiece with resubs??? Which way do you prefer?

What's your goal? :insane:

A new holder?

A higher grade?

Dropping the "miscut" note?

Ask yourself this first (:

if

I would anonymously send back the CGC labels AFTER I resubbed in order to maintain correct census.

I wouldn't just send the labels in with the actual resub, then CGC would just resub it at the same grade, so whats the point? Also don't forget to pull out the micro-chamber paper when resubbing, otherwise CGC will figure it out.

This is why I pay absolutely no attention to the census. I feel that there is no accuracy or meaning.

if

This is why I pay absolutely no attention to the census. I feel that there is no accuracy or meaning.
Do you think there has been that many resubs where the census is very misleading? Or just saying it is not 100% accurate? I for one just use it for relative ppulation numbers. Nothing is definite n the universe lol

if

Do you think there has been that many resubs where the census is very misleading? Or just saying it is not 100% accurate? I for one just use it for relative ppulation numbers. Nothing is definite n the universe lol
Yes, Yes, and I agree! :grin:

if

CGC will not automatically resub it at the same grade. I've had books come back both higher & lower....and the labels have always been submitted with the books to get the $5 discount.