• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

cgc lable description...

30 posts in this topic

i could have been that the guys at cgc just update their notes on what to put on the labels.

i have an example of such an occurence (big pics for clear viewing of the label)

this book was graded first, and notice that there is no notation on the right hand side of the label:

capvol.51yellowlabel.jpg

this next book was graded more recently, and notice the notation on the label:

capvol.51bluelabel.jpg

so my guess is that they at first didn't put the note on the book, but eventually decided to put that note in.

One of the labels on my Watchmen collection has changed over the last year much like oneasian's example above (i.e. new listing for the death of Original Nite Owl on #8).

:signofftopic:

Is there a way to contact CGC regarding a possible error in their listings or suggestions for possible additions? For example, Watchmen #1 has a listing for the first appearance of Silk Spectre but she doesn't make her actual appearance till #2 (unless you count a small panel with a picture of Silk Spectre as an appearance). I think they're trying to recognize Laurie Juspeczyk but as far as I know her character didn't have a superhero name in the story. Thanks...

I've noticed that as well on many of books I've gotten upgraded over time...there is usually more information on recently graded books. In some cases, I've had them reholdered if the information was important enough (or flat out incorrect). At their expense of course.

If the information on the label is incorrect, simply call CGC, inform them of the situation, and request that the book get reholdered with the correct information.

I've noticed that as well on many of books I've gotten upgraded over time...there is usually more information on recently graded books. In some cases, I've had them reholdered if the information was important enough (or flat out incorrect). At their expense of course.

If the information on the label is incorrect, simply call CGC, inform them of the situation, and request that the book get reholdered with the correct information.

I an garrantied the same grade if I send it for a re-holder right?

Which is real and which is Memorex. Check the font.

clearly the top one. that's hilarious in a sad sort of way

I don't think the buyer would find his $3K put into a fake book too hilarious.

true.

in this case, i guess he would have been better off going with "buy the label, not the book."

(shrug)