• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM GIANT SIZE X MEN #1

23 posts in this topic

Yeah dont mean to imply all do but many of the giant szes at marvel had those large bulky staples and the glue was over used. I remember a post on these boards a year or so ago that dealt with this problem extensivly. Thats cool yours doesnt have this problem.

Yeah dont mean to imply all do but many of the giant szes at marvel had those large bulky staples and the glue was over used. I remember a post on these boards a year or so ago that dealt with this problem extensivly. Thats cool yours doesnt have this problem.

I didn't buy it raw as a kid, but slabbed as an adult, and payed accordingly. :o

Good grief. Some of you guys can't tell a VG+ from a FN+. Please sell all of your VG+s on ebay so I can buy them all.

The waviness on the back is due to the glued spine and is very common on squarebounds. CGC considers it a production issue and many, many 9.4 or better books have this.

This book would be a CGC 6.0 or 6.5. It might even be a 7.0 if not for the slight spine tear at the bottom.

Good grief. Some of you guys can't tell a VG+ from a FN+. Please sell all of your VG+s on ebay so I can buy them all.

The waviness on the back is due to the glued spine and is very common on squarebounds. CGC considers it a production issue and many, many 9.4 or better books have this.

This book would be a CGC 6.0 or 6.5. It might even be a 7.0 if not for the slight spine tear at the bottom.

:sumo: :sumo:

I'll guess 6.0 as well.

In defense of the guys who graded lower, I will say that IMO, GS X-Men #1s usually don't present very well in scans. The spine usually looks disproportionately warped and ugly in scans, and a little soiling goes a long way. My first take on a mid-grade GS X-Men is usually quite a bit lower than reality.

Seriously. If someone doesn't know how to grade they shouldn't be offering an opinion.

4.5 is way harsh. The back cover "defects" are production related and should be ignored in any grade under 9.4.