• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I fear the worst... Trimming... Any ASM 28 experts out there?

23 posts in this topic

Are the cover and inside pages completely flush (even with each other) on the bottom and right edge?

If so, you probably have a book that was trimmed.

I think that size and interior registration can vary relatively widely. Even the straightness of the cut can be questionable but period correct (i.e., early DD under issue 12).

But Zipper is quite correct on checking for the "V" on the right edge. All the pages are cut the same size originally and each wrap as it approaches the centre of the book is more offset from the cover by the thickness (albeit minor) of each earlier wrap.

And most "authentic" books seem to show more interior at the top of the right edge as compared to the bottom -- for reasons that are not clear to me.

My 12¢

Dennis

Are the cover and inside pages completely flush (even with each other) on the bottom and right edge?

If so, you probably have a book that was trimmed.

I think that size and interior registration can vary relatively widely. Even the straightness of the cut can be questionable but period correct (i.e., early DD under issue 12).

But Zipper is quite correct on checking for the "V" on the right edge. All the pages are cut the same size originally and each wrap as it approaches the centre of the book is more offset from the cover by the thickness (albeit minor) of each earlier wrap.

And most "authentic" books seem to show more interior at the top of the right edge as compared to the bottom -- for reasons that are not clear to me.

My 12¢

Dennis

The Zipper is always right . . . (: