• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Unfortunate Circumstance.....

41 posts in this topic

Certainly those books are worth more than .5c.

However, when you toss in 7000 books that are worth say a dime, and cost average it all then yeah, the TOTAL of all the parts is worth much less on average.

When you sell a collection you have to remember they are buying 11000 books. If they are anything like myself they are keeping a focus on what without a doubt will sell. They don't generally care about all the worthless drek and are only concerned with the good stuff in the collection. So, to you it might seem that such a low price or average is laughable, but if you ask the people buying it they have the same principles in mind.

I do agree that those titles were lost in the shuffle. I think its always best to highlight the stars in the collection, and then list the lesser players.

Also, just to point out, you don't have full run's of Hellblazer, or Wolverine and no, I don't expect you to sell even those partial runs for $40 a box. However, I will sell you full runs and I mean FULL runs of those titles if you buy 100 more boxes of drek at $40 bucks a box.

Nobody in their right mind would sell full runs of those titles for $40 a box, but if you average it out with 100 boxes of garbage they might.

Good luck with your auction.. Lots of good advice on here already.

I'd recommend you do the following.

1) Set up a ComicArtFans.com account and scan your Original Art into it. If you even average $50 per OA page (to be conservative), you're still talking about 18 pieces of original art which would be worth about $1000 (with the 8 frames).

Point your auction to it as well or sell them separately.

2) Break out the hot books, keys and older books and assign a rough grade to them (and link to higher resolution scans.) The photos help, but they are still not large enough. You actually have a fair number of books in your list that guide above $20.

3) Identify the printings of those books you KNOW people are going to notice. I.E. Marvel Zombies, Mouse Guard, etc.

4) If your total auction doesn't sell, consider breaking them up by publisher for the smaller alternative publishers. There are some people who collect dead universes or certain publishers. (Like group all the Sin City stuff together, all the Predator stuff into one eBay lot, all the Star Wars books and minis, etc.)

Very good advice here...you also might want to consider Craig's list, the shipping is a factor and you might find some local people interested that way. You can put a disclaimer in the auction saying that it may be canceled at any time.

Sometimes people scour Craig's list looking for things like this...and the local newspaper.

The best of luck to you, sorry you are having a problem...

Thanks for all the advice everyone. I do think it will be smarter for me to sell seperately. I had a few phone calls and such about the books so I am still gonna let the auction run its course though. But if/when it doesnt sell I am gonna put them for sale individually.

Due to unforseen problems with family I need to sell all my comics and comic collectibles. Does anyone know anyone (dealer or private)that can handle a collection my size? It will include all art pieces displays etc.... I have over 11800 comic and 17 pieces of OA/statues/auto/TPB's/HC's and more. I know that with time constraints and sellign a whole collection I wont realise value but being worth more than 100k I am expecting 20-30k our of it. My collection was a private collection kept in a smoke free home in new bags &boards and has less than 50 doubles throughout. I have an excel list of the books although not all are on there because I use CPG and I have many books not yet in their database.

Mr. A, I see over at CPG that you're still continuing to buy lots of new books, or at least claiming to. What's the deal? I thought you needed to raise funds, not spend them on new comics.

Due to unforseen problems with family I need to sell all my comics and comic collectibles. Does anyone know anyone (dealer or private)that can handle a collection my size? It will include all art pieces displays etc.... I have over 11800 comic and 17 pieces of OA/statues/auto/TPB's/HC's and more. I know that with time constraints and sellign a whole collection I wont realise value but being worth more than 100k I am expecting 20-30k our of it. My collection was a private collection kept in a smoke free home in new bags &boards and has less than 50 doubles throughout. I have an excel list of the books although not all are on there because I use CPG and I have many books not yet in their database.

Mr. A, I see over at CPG that you're still continuing to buy lots of new books, or at least claiming to. What's the deal? I thought you needed to raise funds, not spend them on new comics.

water_pwned.jpg

Add to this the way he treated Sharon when he wouldnt accept a return from her...

Add to this the way he treated Sharon when he wouldnt accept a return from her...

And I was never offered any type of refund either but got yelled at in PMs for informing the group about his poor packing skills.