• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM: BATMAN 251 (Neal Adams/Joker)

16 posts in this topic

Awhile back, I got in a debate about the grade of this book with another guy.

I said it is a 9.4, he said "no it isn't, it's more like an 8.0".

There is clearly nothing wrong with this book, interior has white pages and is crease free.

What you see on the front cover and back cover is what you get.

Please grade for me.

BAT251.jpg

BAT251B.jpg

What do you see as the biggest problem...the scuffing (or whatever the term is called) on the back cover?

The biggest problem is the small area of color loss at the center of the spine on the FC - it may be crease related. Next, the dirt at the base of the BC indicates what may be a light crescent crease (that's the beauty of dirt - it emphasizes defects.) What you call rubbing along the spine of the BC may just be dirt and might easily be cleaned. But again, it's the dirt which makes the extent of spine creasing present visible in the scan . . . (:

I should add that the apparent colour loss at the center of the spine on the FC is just a "magical" mark from the scanner.

That colour loss isn't on the book itself, it was picked up on just the scan somehow.

Someone else would know better,if Neal owned it it would surprise me as My understanding is he has went thru some major financial difficulties. H e could have solved a lot of problems selling that peice.

Someone else would know better,if Neal owned it it would surprise me as My understanding is he has went thru some major financial difficulties. H e could have solved a lot of problems selling that peice.

I always wondered if Adams was going to show up with a box of GL 76s in mint condition and start unloading them. That would affect census numbers.