• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Let The Shill Posting Begin!

93 posts in this topic

IMPORTANT: DUE TO THE AMOUNT OF "SHILL" CONTESTANTS, IF A CONTESTANT DOES NOT HAVE 40 FORUM POSTS OUTSIDE OF COMIC-QUEST, THAT CONTESTANT WILL NOT BE ELIGIBLE TO WIN.

This should be entertaining.

It's a shame they have to do rules like this...they'll mostly be easy to circumvent, or at least eminently possible for a determined cheater. You can post 40 messages in the test forums within a minute...

IMPORTANT: DUE TO THE AMOUNT OF "SHILL" CONTESTANTS, IF A CONTESTANT DOES NOT HAVE 40 FORUM POSTS OUTSIDE OF COMIC-QUEST, THAT CONTESTANT WILL NOT BE ELIGIBLE TO WIN.

This should be entertaining.

It's a shame they have to do rules like this...they'll mostly be easy to circumvent, or at least eminently possible for a determined cheater. You can post 40 messages in the test forums within a minute...

Maybe forum members with 1000+ posts should VOTE on the eligibility of newbies..... smirk.gif

I agree that it's too bad they had to do this.....and I can understand Steve's desire to not want to alienate newcomers. But, I'm going to keep an eye out for people making junk posts just for the sole purpose of competing in the contest.

I agree that it's too bad they had to do this.....and I can understand Steve's desire to not want to alienate newcomers. But, I'm going to keep an eye out for people making junk posts just for the sole purpose of competing in the contest.

I just tested this and it works...you can post a message and delete it, but your counter for number of posts doesn't decrease. frown.gif

WARNING : CONSIPARCY THEORY

Of course it will be 40 total posts in order to participate. Wertham already has 39, and once you subtract the 8 posts he/she has made in the comic quest he is almost a valid forum contributor. A few more "Deleted By Wertham" posts and he is one more step toward winning next weeks quest and then its just a few more steps to total world domination...

tune in next week...same Wertham time, same Wertham channel...

Check it out : Wertham

• Administrator

Hmmm... that is interesting. I didn't realize this was a problem.

I believe we may just check the registered email addresses of winning accounts. Free email accounts would be disqualified, even if you DID manage to register because that particular provider is not yet on our restricted list....

Have to chat with Gemma about that...

I have now gone back for the last several months and made a list of accounts I'm going to be keeping an eye on and have saved their current post counts as of todays date. So if any of them try to make posts and then delete them to increase their count.....I'm going to know about it. Anyone interested in seeing the list?

And "Wolverine"......don't think you're fooling anybody.

I've noticed that since Steve mentioned the idea of having a post count limit, you made 3 posts in cards general yesterday. And after Gemma officially announced the limit today, you made a post in the Water Cooler, one in Cards General, and one in Coin Tangents.

Amazing, since you've never posted to any areas other than the comics forums since you got here. Surely you're not making random posts all over the forum just to try to get your post count up for the contest, are you? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

hi.gif

If anyone is guilty of PADDING their post count......it's greggy tongue.gif

Is that padding or paddling?

Gramps thinks it is more like piddling.

Well gramps is an insufficiently_thoughtful_person with a limited supply of Marvel bronze! tonofbricks.gif