• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Poll Poll

What do we argue about next?  

267 members have voted

1. 1. What do we argue about next?

64 posts in this topic

Here's some ideas:

Copper Age is a good one.

Golden Age will probably be like Silver in that we know the Final 2 going in.

I started making a list for another one and wanted to get people's input. (I didn't want to float this out until the end of the BA series. But, the "polls" out of the bag. lol ) I've compiled a list of Marvel villains. I'm at 96 so far which is way too large for a traditional Series unless broken down with different hosts. The reason I went with Marvel villains is that it takes the "company bias" out of the equation to some extent.

Here are a couple of formats regarding the Marvel Villains I thought of:

1. Have people assigned a "villain or villains" randomly and secretly. If 96 people PM me to participate, each get's a villain. The person who's villain wins, get's some sort of prize. Or even the Top 5, etc. If only, say, 45 people PM me, I'll narrow the list down to 45 or each get's 2, for example.

2. A NCAA Tourney style with the villains. We would have a list of 64 and have to seed them. Ideally, 64 people would PM me and each get assigned 1 villain. (Or 32 and each get 2. ) Again, person who win's get's something. Or Final Four get's something, etc.

The potential problems with these are the size. (I may need help with the Polls.) Trust (we can't all get together and draw choices out of a hat so I would have to be trusted to have selected each person's villain by random. ) Silence (It would be advisable for people to not say who they have lest we have Dr. Doom voted out in the First Round because of a personal grudge, etc. lol )

With the Tourney style, there would have to be trust in terms of "seeding" and "placement". And it may be hard to do a Poll on this one as it would have to be broken down like the Eastern Semi-Finals from Latveria. lol

Since we would assign people characters in each and prizes are potentially involved, I (or whomever hosts) could not participate. That is the only fair way to do it. I would have to remain impartial and not vote.

Lastly, we could just narrow a list down and do a traditional Series.

I was trying to come up with something with a twist on it so we don't burn the Series out.

Here's some ideas:

Copper Age is a good one.

Golden Age will probably be like Silver in that we know the Final 2 going in.

I started making a list for another one and wanted to get people's input. (I didn't want to float this out until the end of the BA series. But, the "polls" out of the bag. lol ) I've compiled a list of Marvel villains. I'm at 96 so far which is way too large for a traditional Series unless broken down with different hosts. The reason I went with Marvel villains is that it takes the "company bias" out of the equation to some extent.

Here are a couple of formats regarding the Marvel Villains I thought of:

1. Have people assigned a "villain or villains" randomly and secretly. If 96 people PM me to participate, each get's a villain. The person who's villain wins, get's some sort of prize. Or even the Top 5, etc. If only, say, 45 people PM me, I'll narrow the list down to 45 or each get's 2, for example.

2. A NCAA Tourney style with the villains. We would have a list of 64 and have to seed them. Ideally, 64 people would PM me and each get assigned 1 villain. (Or 32 and each get 2. ) Again, person who win's get's something. Or Final Four get's something, etc.

The potential problems with these are the size. (I may need help with the Polls.) Trust (we can't all get together and draw choices out of a hat so I would have to be trusted to have selected each person's villain by random. ) Silence (It would be advisable for people to not say who they have lest we have Dr. Doom voted out in the First Round because of a personal grudge, etc. lol )

With the Tourney style, there would have to be trust in terms of "seeding" and "placement". And it may be hard to do a Poll on this one as it would have to be broken down like the Eastern Semi-Finals from Latveria. lol

Since we would assign people characters in each and prizes are potentially involved, I (or whomever hosts) could not participate. That is the only fair way to do it. I would have to remain impartial and not vote.

Lastly, we could just narrow a list down and do a traditional Series.

I was trying to come up with something with a twist on it so we don't burn the Series out.

Sorry, I already said Best Costume and in a large bolded fonts at that.

Best Costume is a distinct possibility. How would it be done? Can we have a Poll with visuals?

Not sure (shrug) . We would have to have some sort of reference image or a seperate reference post which contained all the nominees.

Best Costume is a distinct possibility. How would it be done? Can we have a Poll with visuals?

Not sure (shrug) . We would have to have some sort of reference image or a seperate reference post which contained all the nominees.

That's a definite due to how costumes for most heroes have changed over the years. Tricky part would be selecting the sole representative for each hero. Look at Iron Man as an example. Even Wolverine.

IF we are stuck with a crappy copper age poll let's limit the choices to Dark Knight and Watchmen and end it in one round.

I was thinking that if we do a Copper Series, it has to be run differently than the first 2.

Because it would be totally unfair to have single issues competing against Limited Series, there should be two polls run simultaneously, one for each.

Because it would be totally unfair to have single issues competing against Limited Series, there should be two polls run simultaneously, one for each.

Why not treat them all equally and require individual issues no matter? Personally, I think Watchmen 6 and DKR 2 are my faves.

Why not treat them all equally and require individual issues no matter? Personally, I think Watchmen 6 and DKR 2 are my faves.

Because you'll need an extra month and another poll just to get some agreement on which issues will represent the LSs. (shrug)

Best costume would be cool, but I think you'd have to do it differently. Maybe don't start out as a survivor series, but a nomination of your 5 or ten favorites. Then take the top 10 or 20 and run the survivor route...

I also like a greatest artist poll, but why cover art, why not best artist?

I initially thought we should just have a GA poll, for the sake of completeness, but then realized it probably wouldn`t be fun because the debate probably wouldn`t be as passionate, since GA probably wouldn`t strike the same emotional chord as the comics that most of us actually grew up with, being SA and BA. Certainly JC, who doesn`t know squat about the GA, wouldn`t be able to provide the same level of comic relief that has so far.

So, my vote is for Copper, and then we can start considering all the different variants that Seank has suggested.

Certainly JC, who doesn`t know squat about the GA, wouldn`t be able to provide the same level of comic relief that has so far.

You don't actually think that a lack of knowledge and understanding about a topic would stop him from aserting himself into a discussion do you?