• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What NOT to do when getting a commission.

10 posts in this topic

We have had a thread on how to go about with a commission from a artist.

Here's a tip on what not to do - Do not place an order for a commission, approving the price,

layout, prelim. and approving the final. Then do not pay, and never responding to e-mails.

This happened to me recently ( over a month now since commission completed ).

Just a FYI for all looking for commission(s) from an artist that you are considering

getting a commission from.

Here's a tip on what not to do - Do not place an order for a commission, approving the price,

layout, prelim. and approving the final. Then do not pay, and never responding to e-mails.

Just a FYI for all looking for commission(s) from an artist that you are considering

To eliminate such time-wasters (hopefully not, Krazy-Matt-type wannabe-art-collectors), you should ask for a realistic deposit (non-refundable under agreed circumstances) before undertaking the work requested.

To eliminate such time-wasters (hopefully not, Krazy-Matt-type wannabe-art-collectors), you should ask for a realistic deposit (non-refundable under agreed circumstances) before undertaking the work requested.

Yes. Unfortunately that is how my future commission transactions will take place.

The reason I did not ask for a deposit this time is because of past commissions from

CAF that were all successful.

Those days of trust are gone now.

Really sorry to hear about this grandz. All it takes is one bad apple to really mess things up. On the bright side, that's a nice piece and you should have no trouble selling it for a decent price. (thumbs u

-Bob

Thank you Panzera.

The piece is the White Queen. After seeing my Vampi. portraits he commissioned

Emma is a similar style. Seen below.

whitequeenweb.jpg

Nice.

:applause: