• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

First Heritage Purchase

31 posts in this topic

Just purchased 4 Crippen Supersnipe books from the last heritage auction, and was signifcantly disapointed with the grading....on three of the four.

Supersnipe V2#1 Fine- (Cover completely loose along with multiple interior folios of the book. The staple was blown through in a weird position 1/2 inch in from the spine and through multiple pages. I finally found the staple on the 7th page in.)

Supersnipe V4#9 F/VF (4 inch crease on the bottom right, but the kicker is the 1.25 inch tear from the bottom up.

V2#5 VF-......with six loose centerfold pages due to another one of those weird staples 1/2" from the spine on the back.

V4#12 VF+...ok with the grading..close enough.

Now I didn't pay that much for the V2#2 only $68 with BP and I paid $84 with BP for the V4#9....paid a bit more for the V2#5 at 131 with BP.

am I out to lunch with thinking these aren't even close to the stated grades.....

How does Heritage work returns?

Thanks

44949-Comic0743.JPG.629c478a12b0acf0559c39f901fe58cc.JPG

44950-Comic0744.JPG.c1c58bc3c1ffe948c151fec7a3e6ff40.JPG

44951-Comic0745.JPG.f52897276fcf69847ff1613ce7e4b964.JPG

44952-Comic0746.JPG.3164b0694b3a79d7b79845153bffb553.JPG

Just purchased 4 Crippen Supersnipe books from the last heritage auction, and was signifcantly disapointed with the grading....on three of the four.

Supersnipe V2#1 Fine- (Cover completely loose along with multiple interior folios of the book. The staple was blown through in a weird position 1/2 inch in from the spine and through multiple pages. I finally found the staple on the 7th page in.)

Supersnipe V4#9 F/VF (4 inch crease on the bottom right, but the kicker is the 1.25 inch tear from the bottom up.

V2#5 VF-......with six loose centerfold pages due to another one of those weird staples 1/2" from the spine on the back.

V4#12 VF+...ok with the grading..close enough.

Now I didn't pay that much for the V2#2 only $68 with BP and I paid $84 with BP for the V4#9....paid a bit more for the V2#5 at 131 with BP.

am I out to lunch with thinking these aren't even close to the stated grades.....

How does Heritage work returns?

Thanks

If you call them up first thing on Monday, these are cheap enough that they may take them back without a problem. If you decide to try to return them though I'd say the sooner you let them know the better.

Ouch on Heritage's grading. If you got a good price on them, could you flip them for a profit?

Yeah.

Try what I did.

Put them up for sale for the same price you got them for and maybe some one will buy them.

Are they from the same lot?

Heritage will take returns but you must send the whole lot back.

If they are four different lots then you can pick and choose.

not likely a flippable book for profit...I'm the supersnipe collector....no one else appreciates the title like I do here on the boards....at least to my knowledge.

They were individual lots....

I've never tried to return a book to Heritage, and about half the books I've bought from them have been raw...I'd say I've done generally pretty good in the sense that I've received several books I felt were a 1/2 to full point off to the downside but have also received several books the same 1/2-1 point to the upside...

But I've looked at raw books as well and did not bid because I thought they had over-graded them...

Good luck with your returns...it sounds like it shouldn't be a problem...

Let us know how it turns out...

Hey man, you're definitely not off on these. I personally think you're being too generous on that #12 cause I don't see how a book is a VF+ with pages that brown looking. Maybe I'm being overly critical though... Definitely see about getting a return on them. I'm sure you can find better copies elsewhere.

Best of luck!!!

Hey man, you're definitely not off on these. I personally think you're being too generous on that #12 cause I don't see how a book is a VF+ with pages that brown looking. Maybe I'm being overly critical though... Definitely see about getting a return on them. I'm sure you can find better copies elsewhere.

Best of luck!!!

I can live with the V4#12...price was right and it's a significant upgrade to my copy.

The other three just don't come close to the grade, so I'll be returning them. I'll need to be very careful in my bidding and reviewing of scans in the future. I'm sure they do a good job on many items....just my bad luck on these. I guess if you don't open up the two with multiple loose pages, you might never know.

eBay, that's one thing, but I would expect an established place like Heritage to take the time and OPEN the book. I know a place that grades based on the cover and nothing better than when I open the book up and show them some lovely cut coupons to make them reconsider the given grade on a "high grade" comic.

Again, sorry that deal didn't work out.

Bummer about the books comicdey...I've only purchased CGC'd material from them and maybe that's a good thing. hm

Hopefully, you can either flip them or discuss the issue directly with Heritage and see what they'll do. I can't imagine this is the first time a difference in opinion has occurred over a transaction. Heck, if it was me, I'd probably even be open to taking straight credit on a future purchase with them if they didn't want to do a cash refund.

I`ve yet to buy from heritage,i placed my first bids with them for this past sundays books and got out bid on all of them,which was fine by me since i got better stuff on ebay at lower prices the same day.

With that added heritage cost they put on, combined with not very good pictures i found myself wanting to be out bid on all the non slabed bids i put up.

I guess i figured i should get one book first to see how they grade like i did with metro.

Thanks to this thread i no longer need to,i`ll only get slabed from them if anything in the future. (thumbs u