• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

artist question

11 posts in this topic

Heya!

Vatche Mavlian shows up sometimes in the Artist's Alley, at most of the larger Toronto comic-book conventions.. I don't really go to the Hobbystar events. But I've seen him at a few of the Paradise Comicons..

I've run into him, at some of the informal Toronto 'Original Art' get-togethers that Jeff Singh used to organize, as well.. I believe he has some kind of website. But I'm not sure what the Web Address is.. You could probably google it?

I know he does a lot of Illustration work, for Fantasy Gaming magazines, etc.. Maybe his name would show up in those Searches.. And offer you some kind of WebLink to follow..

Good Luck!

-- Rich

You can email Vatche via his website. Vatche has evolved in the way he deals with originals; he does sell, but he's not eager to do so. I find that actually knowing him helps, but don't let that hold you back.

Hey, Rich. It has been a while since we've had an art gathering. I've toyed with using Industry Night as a vehicle to have another round.

Cheers,

Robert

It's been a while since we have had an art gathering in TO outside of running into one another at cons, I hope that we have one soon.

Vatche's website is, shockingly, www.vatchemavlian.com (although I seem to be having trouble accessing it this evening) and he just recently launched an "online pulp" on the site called RAIDON.

Hello, (...and hello Kevin! ...and Robert! ...and Rich!)

Yes, I do want to sell originals. Fair warning - you could very well end up with more art than you want.

Really nice site.

Best,

Vatche

I can vouch for that. I wanted a single piece, now I have about a dozen.

And now I want even more.......maybe the Green Goblin/Spidey piece or the FF, or maybe I'll finally commission a Flash Grodon style sci-fi piece......so many decisions, so little money.....

lol