• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Is FF # 2 a Silver age "Key" book ?

57 posts in this topic

Greetings all,

Just interested in some educated opinions......

I've been out of the loop for a little while, and noticed mention of alot of major Marvel story lines involving the Skrulls recently........

I was wondering if perhaps all these Skrull related developments has in any way elevated the status of Fantastic Four # 2,i.e., is it now considered a "Key" silver-age book ? ( As opposed to the "Minor Key" meh status I heard attached to it years ago.)

Any opinions appreciated.....

Regards

(thumbs u

Bump

My opinion is that even if the Skrull storyline is good (which I highly doubt), the book would probably still remain a minor key. Then again, I feel that ALL the FF's from 1-12 should all be considered keys.

Not sure how applicable this is, but Issues 1 and 2 have sort of a cache as the only two Silver Age Super-Hero 10-centers...so in that sense I've always somewhat considered 1 and 2 together as Keys...and they are both costume-less issues that preceed #3 when they get their costumes...

Not sure who decides these things and how definitive they are beyond the obvious #1 origin issues...

Not correct.

TTA 27 is a 10 center as well

Yep.

And Ant-Man was costume-less too in that book. :makepoint:

FF 2 is a great book btw and the gem of my collection (so far).

:cloud9:

Not correct.

Yep.

And Ant-Man was costume-less too in that book. :makepoint:

FF 2 is a great book btw and the gem of my collection (so far).

:cloud9:

I've always loved the #2 yellow cover...I say KEY.

45375-FF23.0.JPG.1102dbff7a45a42d547f780a205ba72d.JPG

Not correct.

I stand corrected...but that still was not a dedicated title so no one knew it would be a series until the next issue came out...at that point in time it was just another monster/sci-fi story...I guess you could say the same thing about Thor and JIM 83 but that was a 12-cent issue so that's a different discussion...

Not correct.

I stand corrected...but that still was not a dedicated title so no one knew it would be a series until the next issue came out...at that point in time it was just another monster/sci-fi story...I guess you could say the same thing about Thor and JIM 83 but that was a 12-cent issue so that's a different discussion...

Actually no one knew it was a series until issue 35 came out. And there was probably no intent to create a series until shortly before #35.

Dennis

Not correct.

Everyone knows that Dr. Droom from Amazing Advs. (1961) was the 1st marvel age super-hero presiding both the F.F. & the Ant-man!!!

Early Kirby FFs are all Keys and desirable...esp. #'s 1-13...#2 isn't a key in the sense like #1,4,5-which have origins and major 1st appearances of major FF villains that would continue in the run of the title.....but #2 is still EARLY and is the 2nd App. of the FF (last non costume book), and last 10 center....