• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OT - Where's the Thread Crucifying MK

134 posts in this topic

Its all good... at least I will remain a hardcore fan of my team despite a collapse unlike most of the fans of the team across town, who mostly jump on the bandwagon and probably cannot even name 10 players on the team they root for :whistle:

yeah that sounds about right :screwy:

At least they will have time to learn all the names during the PLAYOFFS lol

Its all good... at least I will remain a hardcore fan of my team despite a collapse unlike most of the fans of the team across town, who mostly jump on the bandwagon and probably cannot even name 10 players on the team they root for :whistle:

Danny,

I have been a New York rangers fan since I was 5. I know the feeling of despair you come to get used to when your team can never get over the hump. In 40 years I had one season where I could tell everyone else where to go. When it comes cherish it...since its not that often.

I wonder where Red Hook is in all of this

to see his Mets Buddy getting Bar-B-Qued...

it's a wonder he doesn't chime in???

Oh that's right, his mouth is too full of crow

with all those NYY countdown to elimination

to notice his team is at "0"!!!

METS FANS...

crow.gif

How does that CROW TASTE?!!!!!!!

lol lol lol lol lol lol lol

It's a fact that over 60% or more of Yankee fans are bandwagon jumpers :shrug: Thought you knew?

As a Yankees fan since 1981 (when I was 8), I'll be the first to agree with you on this point. Lots of wannabe bandwagoners within the ranks of the Bronx Bombers fanbase for sure. Whenever I talk about the Dark Days of the mid 80s through early 90s and mention names like Roy Smalley, Rick Cerone, and Oscar Gamble, I get a lot of blank stares by longtime "Yankee fans".

Be that as it may, I also remember all the smack that the Mets fans were throwing around in May and June when the Yanks appeared to be out of it. This from a group that got whopped by the Yanks in the 2000 Subway series and hasn't shown any life or accomplished anything meaningful since 1986.

Yesterday was a poignant reminder that the baseball season is a marathon, not a sprint, and that Penants shouldn't be counted before they're won.

As a fellow Met fan, let me say this:

1) the Mets pathetic collapse may have ended yesterday, but it was this whole month -- they didn't deserve to get bailed out yesterday.

2) Billy Wagner. Please STFU. Your pathetic efforts and non existant appearance down thhe stretch was ridiculous. I don't want to hear you criticizing anyone.

3) the Phillies deserved to win -- they had an incredible finish and played well every step of the way. Likewise, the Mets deserved to lose -- for a collapse like this, the Manager deserves to be fired.

4) If any other fans want to ride Met fans, as a Met fan, you have to take it. Because your team just completed the biggest collapse down the stretch, we've got nothing to say, nothing to coment on.

There will be NO recovery from this until the Mets get to another world series.

Beat the Mets,Beat the Mets

Head to New York and Beat the Mets

Leave the kiddies,leave the wives

guarenteed to see the choke of your lives

because those Mets are really in a freefall,

since Jose and Carlos can't hit a ball

East side,west side,lets see who laughing now.

To beat those Mets from New York Town,

The New York Mess.

Q:Whats the difference between a Shea Stadium Hot Dog and a Yankee Stadium one?

A: They don't sell Shea Stadium Hot Dogs in October.

lol lol (thumbs u :insane::bump:(::applause:

lol

we all sang "Beat the Mets" as kids. Too funny!

Good for you! Don't abandon ship now! Could be worse, you could be a Cubs fan like me. I've got another couple of weeks of punishment coming because we made the postseason. Note to Cubs fans: If a foul ball is heading your way, but a Cubs fielder has a play on it...GET THE HELL OUT OF HIS WAY!!! rantrant

At least they are in the postseason. :D My grandmother is happy. She's been a Cubs fan for decades (and as such has low expectations of their postseason chances ;) ).

4) If any other fans want to ride Met fans, as a Met fan, you have to take it. Because your team just completed the biggest collapse down the stretch, we've got nothing to say, nothing to coment on.

So true. When the Yanks choked and lost a 3-0 playoff lead to Boston in 2004, all I could do was STFU and take my medicine. A very bitter pill to swallow.

You are a Mets fan and an Eagles fan?

My teams are:

Mets, Jets, Pacers, Islanders -- grew up in North Jersey, so I was closer to the NY teams. I root loosely for the Eagles because I think it would be good for the city.

It's a fact that over 60% or more of Yankee fans are bandwagon jumpers :shrug: Thought you knew?

As a Yankees fan since 1981 (when I was 8), I'll be the first to agree with you on this point. Lots of wannabe bandwagoners within the ranks of the Bronx Bombers fanbase for sure. Whenever I talk about the Dark Days of the mid 80s through early 90s and mention names like Roy Smalley, Rick Cerone, and Oscar Gamble, I get a lot of blank stares by longtime "Yankee fans".

Be that as it may, I also remember all the smack that the Mets fans were throwing around in May and June when the Yanks appeared to be out of it. This from a group that got whopped by the Yanks in the 2000 Subway series and hasn't shown any life or accomplished anything meaningful since 1986.

Yesterday was a poignant reminder that the baseball season is a marathon, not a sprint, and that Penants shouldn't be counted before they're won.

I must admit, I used to go to the Bronx in the 80's when I used to live in New York

and watch those pathetic games.

One of the funniest memories I have ever had at Yankees Stadium

was that they would give out stuff just to get people into the stands.

One of those days was "NYY pink hat give-away" (definately a highlight of the 80's)

I walked up tpo the top and took a photo showing Yanks Stadium overwhelmed by

fans in pink hats. A fashion statement it was not.

:P

The best memory I have is my Dad driving us to NYC to see the Yanks

take on the Bosox. I got to see my idol Reggie Jackson hit a HR to win the game.

Win or lose, I'll always be a yankees fan.

:cloud9:

As a fellow Met fan, let me say this:

1) the Mets pathetic collapse may have ended yesterday, but it was this whole month -- they didn't deserve to get bailed out yesterday.

2) Billy Wagner. Please STFU. Your pathetic efforts and non existant appearance down thhe stretch was ridiculous. I don't want to hear you criticizing anyone.

3) the Phillies deserved to win -- they had an incredible finish and played well every step of the way. Likewise, the Mets deserved to lose -- for a collapse like this, the Manager deserves to be fired.

There will be NO recovery from this until the Mets get to another world series.

Well said, Brian... :( Yeeesh, what a season.