• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OT - Where's the Thread Crucifying MK

134 posts in this topic

Unless someone can point to critical strategic managerial missteps by Willie, I wouldn't fire him. It's not the manager's fault when key players who are paid well to perform do not in the last 2 weeks.

If Willie sucked, they would have never gotten as far as they did.

Well I'm not too much into Baseball but I love Football. Imagine being a Redskins fan here in Texas. I wear my Skins Jersey every bar I go into lol.

Well, all I can say is that around texas they take their football tooo seriously.

I heard that a texas fan walked into an Oklahoma bar near campus and started

talking junk - then someone jumped him and literally riped his testicles out of his sac.

actually here's the friggin article...

All I can say is be sure to wear a cup when donning your redskin stuff

them people down there like nutz!

:o

stay classy, Yankees fans. or should i say, "start being classy for once."

us Braves fans collectively thank Tommy G. for giving us an early XMas present...

joey - the game 7 against Vancouver was the single greatest hockey game i've ever seen, even better than the Messier hat trick the day after guaranteeing a win (thumbs u

Me too,

Go Tribe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

make sure you remember saying this...

they could go all the way this year

(meaning taking out the Bosox too)

They're that good!

(thumbs u

The better/best team from the AL will make it to the WS, I just don't believe it will be Boston.

Summary: The Mets made history, becoming the first team to blow a lead of at least seven games after Sept. 12, as they fell to the Marlins at Shea Stadium while Philadelphia beat Washington.

Goat: Tom Glavine, in what could be the final start of his Hall of Fame career, retired just one batter and allowed seven runs.

Quotable: "It's something that's going to take a while for us to get over." -- Glavine

FUN FACT: New York dropped 12 of its last 17 games, committing 21 errors in the process. The Mets' ERA during the slide was 5.96, third-worst in the majors over that span.

Pedro_daddy_mets.jpg

:cloud9:

Summary: The Mets made history, becoming the first team to blow a lead of at least seven games after Sept. 12, as they fell to the Marlins at Shea Stadium while Philadelphia beat Washington.

Goat: Tom Glavine, in what could be the final start of his Hall of Fame career, retired just one batter and allowed seven runs.

Quotable: "It's something that's going to take a while for us to get over." -- Glavine

FUN FACT: New York dropped 12 of its last 17 games, committing 21 errors in the process. The Mets' ERA during the slide was 5.96, third-worst in the majors over that span.

Pedro_daddy_mets.jpg

:o

lol

:banana:

(worship) (worship)

:takeit:

because the Mets suffered the worst collapse is baseball history?

Typically, I would be kinder, but Met fan arrogance in June has earned them torture in October.

:popcorn:

:gossip: I thought the worst collapse was and is the 1964 Phillies...

Its all good... at least I will remain a hardcore fan of my team despite a collapse unlike most of the fans of the team across town, who mostly jump on the bandwagon and probably cannot even name 10 players on the team they root for :whistle:

So yankee fans are bandwagon jumpers now. doh!

Its all good... at least I will remain a hardcore fan of my team despite a collapse unlike most of the fans of the team across town, who mostly jump on the bandwagon and probably cannot even name 10 players on the team they root for :whistle:

Danny,

I have been a New York rangers fan since I was 5. I know the feeling of despair you come to get used to when your team can never get over the hump. In 40 years I had one season where I could tell everyone else where to go. When it comes cherish it...since its not that often.

Rangers and Yanks my whole life. Funny how most New Yorkers are split in the

Yankees, Rangers, Giants

Mets, Islanders, Jets

mode. Personally I have never like either football team. I think it was the fact my dad was a big football fan and liked the giants, so I just picked a team in 1975 (houston) and have rooted for the oilers/titans ever since.

because the Mets suffered the worst collapse is baseball history?

Typically, I would be kinder, but Met fan arrogance in June has earned them torture in October.

:popcorn:

:gossip: I thought the worst collapse was and is the 1964 Phillies...

Correct. They blew a 6.5 game lead in the final 12 games IIRC.

The Phillies had been in first place since July that season. The Mets had the lead since May 15. And Met fans have been shining the Division Trophy since June 1st.